Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where is the space consumed
Operating Systems AIX Where is the space consumed Post 302163527 by bakunin on Friday 1st of February 2008 08:50:11 AM
Old 02-01-2008
Another possiblity would be that the file is invisible. Files which names start with a dot (".example", for example) would not be listed by ls as long as you do not specify the "-a" option. (Except for root: ls is always implying -a for root.) The same is true for directories.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time

hello I am new to the UNIX I want to know what command is used 1.To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time . 2.To know the How many CPU's in a server. 3.To know the RAM size. 4.To know the Hard Disk size. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkoushik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Order process by consumed memory

Hi! I am new to HP-UX. :o By using the command glance, I found the user memory usage was very high. I would like to know is there any command can show the process which consume most available memory ? (Just like the command top, but order by memory, not CPU) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most time consumed process

Hi All, I have a simple question on unix command. Here, I need to find the most time consumed process running at present in my HP -UX server. Though it is possible through top command but to redirect the output I want the same done through some command like ps -aef. Also I need the user who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

ROOT fs is full but no files consumed more space

one our linux machine root fs usage shows 90% but inode use % i sarched more then 10 MB files and found few with less mb,s any once help to solve this $ df -h / Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/cciss/c0d0p3 3.9G 3.3G 409M 90% / $ df -i /... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manisha Paul
1 Replies

9. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to check memory used or consumed by OS kernel

I am trying to check how much memory is consumed by OS Kernel using below command, Is this the correct command that I'm using grep Slab /proc/meminfo Output : Slab: 3106824 kB IF I convert KB to GB, It means 2.9 GB of RAM is consumed Below details for reference ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)                                              systemd-tmpfiles                                              SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)

NAME
systemd-tmpfiles, systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service, systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service, systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service, systemd-tmpfiles- clean.timer - Creates, deletes and cleans up volatile and temporary files and directories SYNOPSIS
systemd-tmpfiles [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] System units: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer User units: systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer DESCRIPTION
systemd-tmpfiles creates, deletes, and cleans up volatile and temporary files and directories, based on the configuration file format and location specified in tmpfiles.d(5). If invoked with no arguments, it applies all directives from all configuration files. If one or more absolute filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. If "-" is specified instead of a filename, directives are read from standard input. If only the basename of a configuration file is specified, all configuration directories as specified in tmpfiles.d(5) are searched for a matching file. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --create If this option is passed, all files and directories marked with f, F, w, d, D, v, p, L, c, b, m in the configuration files are created or written to. Files and directories marked with z, Z, t, T, a, and A have their ownership, access mode and security labels set. --clean If this option is passed, all files and directories with an age parameter configured will be cleaned up. --remove If this option is passed, the contents of directories marked with D or R, and files or directories themselves marked with r or R are removed. --user Execute "user" configuration, i.e. tmpfiles.d files in user configuration directories. --boot Also execute lines with an exclamation mark. --prefix=path Only apply rules with paths that start with the specified prefix. This option can be specified multiple times. --exclude-prefix=path Ignore rules with paths that start with the specified prefix. This option can be specified multiple times. --root=root Takes a directory path as an argument. All paths will be prefixed with the given alternate root path, including config search paths. Note that this option does not alter how the users and groups specified in the configuration files are resolved. With or without this option, users and groups are always resolved according to the host's user and group databases, any such databases stored under the specified root directories are not consulted. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. It is possible to combine --create, --clean, and --remove in one invocation. For example, during boot the following command line is executed to ensure that all temporary and volatile directories are removed and created according to the configuration file: systemd-tmpfiles --remove --create UNPRIVILEGED --CLEANUP OPERATION systemd-tmpfiles tries to avoid changing the access and modification times on the directories it accesses, which requires CAP_ADMIN privileges. When running as non-root, directories which are checked for files to clean up will have their access time bumped, which might prevent their cleanup. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned. If the configuration was invalid (invalid syntax, missing arguments, ...), so some lines had to be ignored, but no other errors occurred, 65 is returned (EX_DATAERR from /usr/include/sysexits.h). Otherwise, 1 is returned (EXIT_FAILURE from /usr/include/stdlib.h). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), tmpfiles.d(5) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TMPFILES(8)