Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Looping and using Sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping and using Sed Post 302163508 by Franklin52 on Friday 1st of February 2008 07:38:08 AM
Old 02-01-2008
Post an example of the original content of the files and the expected output you want.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with looping

Hi, Actually I have a file which consists data . for eg names. Then I want my sql query to read this file and produce the output. Currently I am using this FOR EG : FILENAME is NAMES for i in `cat NAMES` { sqlplus -s $CONNECTID << EOF spool rooh set heading off select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping and awk/sed help

I am pretty new to this, but imagine what I am trying to do is possible iI am trying to make an automated DB comparison tool that selects all columns in all tables and compares them to the same thing in another DB. anyway I have created 2 files to help with this the first file is a... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping

Hi I have around 100 users in sun server and have default home directory in /usr/home/<username> I want to clean their home directory time to time to make free space on root, as users generate many output files during usage of application. My idea is, generate a file with following command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishir
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for looping

I run into a issue when I try to do sorting of the following with ascending order, one round of for looping seems not working, anyone knows how to use shell or perl? $array = (5,0,3,2,7,9,8) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccp
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on looping using if/for or while

Hello, where can I get usefull information on the use of looping with for , if and while with extensive examples. Also use of variables in scripts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam4now
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with looping

vesselNames values: xxx yyy zzz vesselPlanned values: xxx zzz zzz zzz OIFS="" OIFS=$IFS IFS="\n" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finalight
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hi, Now I have written a script which sorts the records in the file and splits them according to some condition. Now, I need to modify the script so that it reads all the files one after the other and does the sorting & splitting. Pls help me in reading all the files in a directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed pattern space/looping conundrum

Although my sed skills are gradually developing, thanks in large part to this forum, I'm having a hard time dealing with pattern space and looping, which I suspect is what I'll need a better handle on to figure out my current issue, which is converting a multi line file like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping

Hey guys, so I am trying to do a loop script that will go through each folder (no gui so just each domain has a folder) and grab out the databases being used on that domain. I know I would use mysql -e "show databases where not 'information_schema';" once in each directory to pull the actual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dough
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Looping and sed

Hi, I've got text files (say file1 and file2) in a directory (say directory1) with several columns like this: a b c d a b c de f g h e f g hI need to add a header to the files in directory1 and the names of the columns must contain an identifier from another text file (say file3) like this:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zajtat
4 Replies
POSTCAT(1)						      General Commands Manual							POSTCAT(1)

NAME
postcat - show Postfix queue file contents SYNOPSIS
postcat [-bdehnoqv] [-c config_dir] [files...] DESCRIPTION
The postcat(1) command prints the contents of the named files in human-readable form. The files are expected to be in Postfix queue file format. If no files are specified on the command line, the program reads from standard input. By default, postcat(1) shows the envelope and message content, as if the options -beh were specified. To view message content only, specify -bh (Postfix 2.7 and later). Options: -b Show body content. The -b option starts producing output at the first non-header line, and stops when the end of the message is reached. This feature is available in Postfix 2.7 and later. -c config_dir The main.cf configuration file is in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. -d Print the decimal type of each record. -e Show message envelope content. This feature is available in Postfix 2.7 and later. -h Show message header content. The -h option produces output from the beginning of the message up to, but not including, the first non-header line. This feature is available in Postfix 2.7 and later. -o Print the queue file offset of each record. -q Search the Postfix queue for the named files instead of taking the names literally. This feature is available in Postfix 2.0 and later. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. DIAGNOSTICS
Problems are reported to the standard error stream. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with Postfix configuration files. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. The text below provides only a parameter summary. See postconf(5) for more details including examples. config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf configuration files. queue_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The location of the Postfix top-level queue directory. FILES
/var/spool/postfix, Postfix queue directory SEE ALSO
postconf(5), Postfix configuration LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTCAT(1)