Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting the data and storing it into 2 variables Post 302163416 by jisha on Friday 1st of February 2008 01:37:18 AM
Old 02-01-2008
I have got the answer for my first question:

sed '1q' 1psql.out | awk -F"|" '{print $3}' ( I found this from the forum it self)

But can some one help me with teh second part???

Thanks in advance
Js

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - storing data in variables

In AWK script how do I store data in variables for later use. I have a multiline input and I do not want to print the data read on the console Thnaks in advance. Nilotpal. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing commands in $variables.

Hi I'm trying to store commands in variables... like so.. # lastcmd=" $t1 | $t2 | $t3 | $t4 | sort | uniq" t1="sed -e 's/http:/<li><a href=\"http:/'" t2="sed -e 's/http:.*/&\">&<\/a>Web Link<br>/'" t3="sed -e 's/.*. mailto:/<li><a href=\"mailto:/'" t4="sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulw0t
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing awk output into variables

Hi all, Currently, i have a log file seperated by 'tab' and each record starting with a new line. i managed to retrieve the column that i'm interested in. (source_ip_address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). example of awk output: '{ print $43 }' assuming the field is at column 43. 10.10.10.10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read data word by word from given file & storing in variables

File having data in following format : file name : file.txt -------------------- 111111;name1 222222;name2 333333;name3 I want to read this file so that I can split these into two paramaters i.e. 111111 & name1 into two different variables(say value1 & value2). i.e val1=11111 &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjoshi98
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing variables and using them..

Hello Apologies for not having the most accurate of thread titles.. I'm using IBM Rational Synergy CM software. I use the Synergy commands in tandem with Unix commands. I have a directory containing source code objects: bash-3.00$ ccm ls *.fmb *.rdf *.pll *.mmb cre_applications.fmb-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing outputs into variables

I need to know how to store output from one command so that it can initiate another command. chktraf -s | cut -c1-4 output would look like 321 142 256 342 123 Then if the value of the output = 0, then initiate next command. if then for xx in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : splitting the data into 2 different variables

I have a perl variable which contains the below value. $var1 = "2% / 51%" Now I would like to split the data into 2 different variables. For example $part1 = 2 $part2 = 51 Could anyone please help me in this regard ? Regards, GS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

9. Programming

Splitting string and storing in int

I have a string containing 2 integers separated by /, for example 12/8 or 8/6 am want to store the numbers in two integers. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing the SQL results in array variables

Requirement 1) I need to execute 15 SQL queries in oracle through linux script. All these query results needs to be stored in array variables. Requirement 2) And these 15 queries needs to be executed in parallel. Requirement 3) Once all the queries executed then the shell script should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niranjancse
3 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8)                                                      AppArmor                                                      MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)