Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: using rcp command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using rcp command Post 302163410 by panknil on Friday 1st of February 2008 12:56:48 AM
Old 02-01-2008
MySQL

Dear Amit,

try this

ftp -n -i -v <SERVERIP> <<-ftp_end > <DIR>/ftpstatus_Log
user <LOGIN> <password>
status
bin
lcd <DESTINATIONDIR>
cd <REMOTEDIR>
mget <as u want>
bye
ftp_end

Regards,
Pankaj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

rcp logs

Hi, Can anyone help me to trace who has made rcp to a HP-UX machine? Is there a file that keeps such records? I know ftp's are recorded in /var/adm/syslog but i only need rcp.Thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilkergu
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rcp

I am trying to set up RCP so root can access a few machines for file transfer. On the target machine, I have set up a .RHOSTS file that looks like: 10.33.1.59 root However when I try to use RCP to copy a file to this machine, I get permission denied. Is it possible since another user is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

rcp command

Hi, Good day to you all. I am trying to use rcp command to transfer some files on the remote machine. I have already setup .rhosts on my server and on the remote machine. When I do rcp I get this error message rcmd_af: Lost connection Is anybody familiar with this one? Thanks in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodapop
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp command

Hi friends, Am trying to push a file on a remote server to my local host but getting "permission denied." error. Please let me know the basic steps that i need to have a look at in order to let the "rcp" command work successfully. Pl. Note: Both the servers belong to Sun Solaris 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Srinivas_Hari
5 Replies

5. HP-UX

Strange- RCP command works every other time

This just started happening. I use the rcp command to copy a file from one server to another. Now when I use the command, every other time I execute the exact same command I get the error: remshd: login correct Example: 1. rcp testfile server2:/db/tmp (Work ok, verified file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrowland
6 Replies

6. Solaris

RCP command timed out

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP command

hi, When i use RCP command to copy filr from a different servers, it is showing as connection refused??? ca anyone help me out??? thanks, Arun Manas:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

rcp command is not working in crontab

Dear Friends, I am trying to copy SAP log file from one HPux server1 to another HPux server2 remotely through one script. following command has written in the script. rcp -rp /oracle/PRD/sapreorg/*.dbf oraprd@drsite:/oracle/PRD/sapreorg Above command working fine from command mode.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp -r || cp -r

what different between two instruction cp -r rcp -r (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems with rcp command

I have two servers A and B; A has redhat 5 and B has Suse10. Both of them has rhost file configuration. When i try to copy file from A to B that is OK but when try to copy from B to A i have an error: connection refused. I installed rsh and rsh-server on server A and stop iptables service. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinsonusp2014
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)