Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port scan shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting port scan shell script Post 302163240 by sysgate on Thursday 31st of January 2008 10:28:08 AM
Old 01-31-2008
I got this little script from Ghostdog74 from our forum, modified it a bit to suit my needs :
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python

import socket
import sys

if ( len(sys.argv) != 2 ):
    print "Usage: " + sys.argv[0] + " you must enter IP or FQDN as argument"
    sys.exit(1)

remote_host = sys.argv[1]

for remote_port in [21,22,23,80,139,139,389,443,445,3128,3306,3389]:
        sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM)
        sock.settimeout(20)
        try:
                sock.connect((remote_host, remote_port))
        except Exception,e:
                print "%d closed " % remote_port
        else:
                print "%d open" % remote_port
        sock.close()

- change the ports as you wish.
Implementing nmap for ports monitoring is also good idea.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies

can anyone tell me a unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies? a fast one, with reliable results, that can load an ip list, or set an ip range, and specify ports thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please let me know Regarding Port Scan

Can any one please let me know below ones 1) How to Perform the Port Scan in Solaris Environment and how to block the unwanted Ports. 2) How to know whether particular Port is listning the requests or not? Thanks Ramkumar.B (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: myramkumar
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

hcitool scan via shell script

Hello, Im new to shell scripting , and i have the following question . The hcitool scan command returns the bluetooth address of the phone . When it is run the output is something like Scanning.... 00:A1:5D:AB:B2:E9 Nokia 6600 Can i get the output in a varaiable in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkhn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to continuously scan a log file

Hello members, I have some doubts on how to write a script that can reports success / failure of a batch job ? 1. Run a batch job: 2. Wait and search for a particular string in the Log file: tail -f log01*.txt | egrep -v "^SUCCESSFUL" echo "continue with the other tasks" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice82
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting port scan output

I need to format port scan output for input into another app. This is what I have; 1025/tcp 1521/tcp 2301/tcp 2381/tcp 3191/tcp 3389/tcp 5938/tcp 47001/tcp 54321/tcp 21/tcp 80/tcp 135/tcp 139/tcp 445/tcp 1025/tcp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
4 Replies
sctp_getladdrs(3SOCKET) 				     Sockets Library Functions					   sctp_getladdrs(3SOCKET)

NAME
sctp_getladdrs, sctp_freeladdrs - returns all locally bound addresses on an SCTP socket SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lsocket -lnsl -lsctp [ library... ] #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/sctp.h> int sctp_getladdrs(int sock, sctp_assoc_t id, void **addrs); void sctp_freeladdrs(void *addrs); DESCRIPTION
The sctp_getladdrs() function queries addresses to which an SCTP socket is bound. The sctp_freeladdrs() function releases resources that are allocated to hold the addresses. The sctp_getladdrs() function returns all the locally bound addresses on the SCTP socket sock. On completion addrs points to a dynamically allocated array of sockaddr_in structures for an Internet Protocol (IPv4) socket or an array of sockaddr_in6 structures for an Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) socket. The addrs parameter must not be NULL. For an IPv4 SCTP socket, the addresses returned in the sockaddr_in structures are IPv4 addresses. For an IPv6 SCTP socket, the addresses in the sockaddr_in6 structures can be IPv6 addresses or IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses. If sock is a one-to-many style SCTP socket, id specifies the association of interest. A value of 0 to id returns locally-bound addresses regardless of a particular association. If sock is a one-to-one style SCTP socket, id is ignored. The sctp_freeladdrs() function frees the resources allocated by sctp_getladdrs(). The addrs parameter is the array of addresses allocated by sctp_getladdrs(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the sctp_getladdrs() function returns the number of addresses in the addrs array. Otherwise, the function returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sctp_getladdrs() call fails under the following conditions. EBADF The sock argument is an invalid file descriptor. ENOTSOCK The sock argument is not a socket. EINVAL The addrs argument is NULL. EINVAL The id argument is an invalid socket. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bind(3SOCKET), in.h(3HEAD), libsctp(3LIB), sctp_freepaddrs(3SOCKET), sctp_getpaddrs(3SOCKET), socket(3SOCKET), attributes(5), inet(7P), inet6(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), sctp(7P) SunOS 5.11 23 Jan 2008 sctp_getladdrs(3SOCKET)