Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0" Post 302162829 by vbe on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 09:28:46 AM
Old 01-30-2008
How do you connect to your HP server?

From you laptop directly? Using what protocol?
If you have a xserver on your laptop correctly configured you should not have to export DISPLAY...
That can be tested by after you are connected, type xclock&
it should display on your laptop

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat/delete per line any word "192.168.1.12"

Hi All Can u help me.. My problem is delete word per line sample: cat /tmp/file.txt monitor 192.168.1.11 Copying files in current directory 1 monitor 192.168.1.1 Copying files in current directory 2 monitor 192.168.1.12 Copying files in current directory 3 monitor 192.168.1.14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
SLEEPD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 SLEEPD(8)

NAME
sleepd - puts a laptop to sleep during inactivity or on low battery SYNOPSIS
sleepd [-s command] [-d command] [-u n] [-U n] [-I] [-i n] [-E] [-e filename] [-a] [-l n] [-w] [-n] [-v] [-c n] [-b n] [-A] [-H] [-N [device] [-r n] [-t n]] DESCRIPTION
sleepd is a daemon to force laptops to go to sleep after some period of inactivity. This is useful if your laptop does not automatically go to sleep when you aren't using it, and, like me, you often forget to shut it off. It is also capable of suspending a laptop when its bat- tery gets very low. sleepd can detect activity in several ways. The default is to poll both event devices and interrupts to detect when your laptop is in use due to keyboard or mouse activity. It defaults to polling /dev/input/event*. You may specify a list of device files to poll instead, or use options to enable other means of checking for activity (network activity, utmp, or load average). After a configurable amount of time with no activity, sleepd runs a program to put the laptop to sleep. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -n, --nodaemon Don't fork to background; run in forground. -v, --verbose Output status messages. -u, --unused Number of seconds the laptop can remain idle before being put to sleep. Defaults to 600 seconds (10 minutes). Set to 0 to disable any sleeping due to idleness. -U, --ac-unused If set, controls the number of seconds the laptop can remain idle before being put to sleep when running on AC power. If not set, the laptop will not sleep when it's on AC power. -e, --event Adds an event file to the list that is watched. Using this switch disables polling all files in /dev/input/event*. -E, --no-events This switch disables event device polling. -l, --load If set, a load average higher than this number will prevent the computer from sleeping If not set, the computer will ignore the load average. -w If set, sleepd will also check idletime based on utmp. This will prevent the system from sleeping while remote connections are active. It uses the time limit from -u. -i, --irq Adds an irq to the list that is watched. Using this switch disables automatic detection of keyboard and mouse irqs unless -a is specified as well. -I, --no-irq This switch disables interrupt polling. -a, --auto Automatically detect and watch mouse and keyboard irqs. -s, --sleep-command Command to run to put the laptop to sleep. Defaults to "apm -s" for systems with APM and "pm-suspend" for systems with ACPI. -b, --battery If this option is specified, the daemon will put the laptop to sleep if the percentage of battery charge drops below the specified number and the system is off AC power. This is useful for some laptops which don't handle this themselves. It supports using APM, ACPI, and HAL for querying battery status. -d, --hibernate-command A command to run instead of the regular sleep command when the battery is low. This can be useful if you want to make the system go to sleep when it's not active, but suspend to disk if the battery is low. If not set, the sleep command is used. -N, --netdev Monitor a network interface for activity based on packet count. eth0 is the default. This option may be used more than once with different network interfaces. -t, --tx-min Set a baseline transmit raffic rate in packets per second for network monitoring. Requires -N. -r, --rx-min Set a baseline receive traffic rate in packets per second for network monitoring. Requires -N. -A, --and Only go to sleep if all specified conditions are met. For example, only sleep if idle and if the battery is low. -c, --check-period Number of seconds between check on system status. Defaults to 10 seconds, which should be fine generally. -H, --force-hal Force HAL to be used instead of ACPI or other methods to query battery status. SEE ALSO
sleepctl(1) http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/sleepd/ BUGS
Interrupt monitoring cannot always detect keyboard and mouse. If the keyboard or mouse interrupt is shared (as is common with usb devices), other devices on the same interrupt can keep the system awake. Use event device polling instead. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> SLEEPD(8)