Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Happy 10th Anniversary, Tech Days Post 302162768 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 03:30:08 AM
Old 01-30-2008
Happy 10th Anniversary, Tech Days

Tech Days, which began from a night's brainstorming among Sun employees, is now bigger and better than ever as it celebrates the 10th year of its storied history.

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace 10th Field by 2

Hello, I need some help ....i have a file with many number of fields i want to replace the 10th field of the file by number 2 .Also the delimeter of the file is | . Pls suggest and help.. Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PradeepRed
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract 10th line in the file

Hi, I need to search for a word in a file and need to extract exactly 10th line before and after that search string. Awaiting your earlier updates. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut file after 10th occurence

I have a file that I do a count on : cp $file data1 x=$(grep -c "Considerations:" data1)and I need to cut the file after the 10th occurrence of the word 'Considerations:' in $file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Issues - Not printing the 10th Variable.

All, I am attempting to print the tenth ($COPY2) varaibales into one file. But i am finding that all variables are being outputted except for $10. Can someone help!!!! Code Below ---------- echo $SERVER $IMAGE $IMAGEDAY $IMAGEMONTH $IMAGEYEAR $COPY1 $EXPIREDAY $EXPIREMONTH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the 10th column?

how to replace the 10th colum? Each line begins similarly, but they all ends variously. Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5,Col6,Col7,Col8,Col9,Col10,Col11,Col12,Col13,Col14,Col15,Col16,Col17 2015/03/14 15:00:04,2015/03/14 15:00:04,0,Server05,Omega-God,Beta_G,101011247,1,1,24,7,0,,339083645,1,1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change 10th column formatting.

Hi Experts, I created a powershell script to fetch user details from active directory and export it to a csv/excel. "abc","bcd","devloper;admin" "bcd","dca","tester;QA;admin" So here user abc is member of devloper and admin group and user bcd is a member of tester,QA and admin... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
6 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.12.5 2011-08-13 URI::URL(3)