Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need some help with vim
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need some help with vim Post 302162452 by Legend986 on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 03:43:47 AM
Old 01-29-2008
By the way thanks for the information. The cindent seems to be doing the trick. However, it is just indenting but not inserting the closing bracket.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Vim 7.0

I want to install VIM 7.0 from sunfreeware.com onto a server. The security guys are giving me a hard time because they found this security vulnerability. http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/6259 This vulnerability came out in 2001, and it looks like it was mostly for linux, but I cant be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to configure VIM ?

hi today i was working on AIX server and faced many problem while working with VIM. some issues were like configuring VIM where can i configure vim such as ruler was not displayed by default no hlsearch as well as when you try to execute prveious RE with up arrow its not working how to configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim color

How can I change the color in Vim for *sh scripts for words which in brackets "words". In another words for string variables. As I know id depends on /usr/share/vim/vim71/syntax/sh.vim. But I can not find where exactly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About Vim

Hello, what is the maximum size of a file that we can open using vim. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help with Vim

How do I use compilers and syntax highlighting in (g)Vim? Specifically, I need a Common Lisp compiler and a C++ compiler. Thanks in advance! (Note: Disregard my other topic.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: led3234
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vim - Question

Hi, I'm not sure whether this is the right place for my question. For scripting I use very often Vim because it's almost available on all unix stations. Sometimes it would be very helpful to exchange text inside Vim with other programs and the other way round! For example I want to copy... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: climber
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim

Does anyone know the fast way to go to tab/2 distance in vim. I mean set four spaces. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

9. Linux

VI/VIM ERROR ^Z

Dear Unix user, I'm using putty 0.60 (on Windows Vista) to connect by ssh protocol to other Linux computer. I have a problem with VI/VIM. When I key button "n" or "b", it returns me n^Z or b^Z. What could the problem be?! Thanx a lot, Maria Elena (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesana
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vim :f

Can someone please tell me what this does? :f word I thought that was the way to save files with a different name but after a quick google search I saw it was like this. :w filename (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
DIFF3(1)							     GNU Tools								  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - find differences between three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [options] mine older yours DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command compares three files and outputs descriptions of their differences. The files to compare are mine, older, and yours. At most one of these three file names may be -, which tells diff3 to read the standard input for that file. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU diff3 accepts. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be com- bined into a single command line argument. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -A Incorporate all changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all conflicts with bracket lines. -B Old behavior of -A. Shows non-conflicts. -e Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. -E Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. With -e, an overlapping change looks like this: <<<<<<< mine lines from mine ======= lines from yours >>>>>>> yours --ed Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. --easy-only Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. -i Generate w and q commands at the end of the ed script for System V compatibility. This option must be combined with one of the -AeExX3 options, and may not be combined with -m. --initial-tab Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. -L label --label=label Use the label label for the brackets output by the -A, -E and -X options. This option may be given up to three times, one for each input file. The default labels are the names of the input files. Thus diff3 -L X -L Y -L Z -m A B C acts like diff3 -m A B C , except that the output looks like it came from files named X, Y and Z rather than from files named A, B and C. -m --merge Apply the edit script to the first file and send the result to standard output. Unlike piping the output from diff3 to ed, this works even for binary files and incomplete lines. -A is assumed if no edit script option is specified. --overlap-only Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. --show-all Incorporate all unmerged changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all overlapping changes with bracket lines. --show-overlap Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. -T Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of diff3. -x Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. -X Like -E, except output only the overlapping changes. In other words, like -x, except bracket changes as in -E. -3 Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1), patch(1), sdiff(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means diff3 was successful, 1 means some conflicts were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 DIFF3(1)