Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Create Your Own OpenSolaris IPS Repository in a Weekend Post 302162293 by Linux Bot on Monday 28th of January 2008 03:50:02 PM
Old 01-28-2008
Create Your Own OpenSolaris IPS Repository in a Weekend

Michal Pryc has created a terrific 6 part series. These presentations cover the process of building packages using Common Build Environment to sending your packages to the IPS repository.

More...

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

what are you doing this weekend?

does someone have any plans? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yarx
7 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a new file in a CVS repository

I have a coding project that I'm working on, and I'm tracking revisions using CVS. I'm working on a branch (branch1) at version 1.1.2.1. Anyway, I created a new C file in the directory for the project, but I can't commit it. The tutorial I read on CVS said that version numbers will be assigned... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to create EPEL Repository ?

This is not a right place to ask this question but iam little bit confused. Please tell me how to create EPEL repository in RHEL 6.4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep252
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: InstallMedia.

Most of my commands are returning this error on RHEL 6 64 bit: Also I tried installing many sofwtares, but it fails to correctly work. For example I treid installing dos2unix: # rpm -ivh dos2unix-5.3.3-5.ram0.98.src.rpm 1:dos2unix warning: user mockbuild does not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: India_2014
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 - Automatically update local IPS repository

Hi guys, I've got a local IPS repository on server 1 (local server in the basement) and a second one on server 2 in another data center. Both servers act as repository servers for their locations. The publisher list is like this pkg publisher PUBLISHER TYPE STATUS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheitepriem
4 Replies
HTTP::OAI::Repository(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				HTTP::OAI::Repository(3pm)

NAME
HTTP::OAI::Repository - Documentation for building an OAI compliant repository using OAI-PERL DESCRIPTION
Using the OAI-PERL library in a repository context requires the user to build the OAI responses to be sent to OAI harvesters. SYNOPSIS 1 use HTTP::OAI::Harvester; use HTTP::OAI::Metadata::OAI_DC; use XML::SAX::Writer; use XML::LibXML; # (all of these options _must_ be supplied to comply with the OAI protocol) # (protocolVersion and responseDate both have sensible defaults) my $r = new HTTP::OAI::Identify( baseURL=>'http://yourhost/cgi/oai', adminEmail=>'youremail@yourhost', repositoryName=>'agoodname', requestURL=>self_url() ); # Include a description (an XML::LibXML Dom object) $r->description(new HTTP::OAI::Metadata(dom=>$dom)); my $r = HTTP::OAI::Record->new( header=>HTTP::OAI::Header->new( identifier=>'oai:myrepo:10', datestamp=>'2004-10-01' ), metadata=>HTTP::OAI::Metadata::OAI_DC->new( dc=>{title=>['Hello, World!'],description=>['My Record']} ) ); $r->about(HTTP::OAI::Metadata->new(dom=>$dom)); my $writer = XML::SAX::Writer->new(); $r->set_handler($writer); $r->generate; Building an OAI compliant repository The validation scripts included in this module provide the repository admin with a number of tools for helping with being OAI compliant, however they can not be exhaustive in themselves. METHODS
$r = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_request(%paramlist) $r = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_request_2_0(%paramlist) These functions, exported by the Repository module, validate an OAI request against the protocol requirements. Returns an HTTP::Response object, with the code set to 200 if the request is well-formed, or an error code and the message set. e.g: my $r = validate_request(%paramlist); print header(-status=>$r->code.' '.$r->message), $r->error_as_HTML; Note that validate_request attempts to be as strict to the Protocol as possible. $b = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_date($date) $b = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_metadataPrefix($mdp) $b = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_responseDate($date) $b = HTTP::OAI::Repository::validate_setSpec($set) These functions, exported by the Repository module, validate the given type of OAI data. Returns true if the given value is sane, false otherwise. EXAMPLE
See the bin/gateway.pl for an example implementation (it's actually for creating a static repository gateway, but you get the idea!). perl v5.12.4 2010-09-01 HTTP::OAI::Repository(3pm)