Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with cleanup
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with cleanup Post 302161709 by whdr02 on Friday 25th of January 2008 02:44:40 PM
Old 01-25-2008
I don't seem to have mktemp on my server.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail cleanup

What is the correct procedures to clean up /var/spool/mqueue? Any help appreciated. This directory gets really clogged up at times. :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomi39
1 Replies

2. AIX

Login ID cleanup

Hello I have many old IDs on my AIX and would like to know the simplest way of knowing the last time an ID was used. I am familiar with the "last" command. Thanks for any info :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MILLERJ62
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Cleanup Script

Hi Guys, I've got an system setup to act as an sftp server. I have a script that allows me to create chroot users running a custom shell within their home directory, it also creates a subdirectory that they can write into. I'm trying to write a script (that I can cron at a later date) that checks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: King_Brucie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup script

Hi! I would like to write a script which remove some files, all beginning with the same prefix : prefix.1 doc/prefix.2 ../prefix.3 etc. So, I would create a file and chmod it executable. But I dont know how to pass a variable to a script. I would like to write something like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

/home cleanup

Hi All, I have this script for linux on cleaning up orphaned folder. But I need to use this on solaris 8/9/10 for user in $(ls | grep -v lost+found) ; do id $user >/dev/null 2>&1 if ] then ls -ld $user grep $user /etc/passwd fi done Can someone please convert this script? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleanup between parenthesis

Hi, I am trying to clean up data between parenthesis () in a file. See example below.... Input File : (New York) Chicago (London) New York (Chicago) London New York Chicago (London) (New York) (Chicago) (London) New York (Chicago) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Table Cleanup Script

I needed some help with a script to fetch and delete all records prior to 3 days from now connecting to sybase from sunos. I wrote the following script but not working..can someone please guide me with my code. Thanks #!/bin/ksh ##GET PREVIOUS DAY DATE dt=`date | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe458
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pid.cleanup script.

Hi guys! I have a directory in the production environment from which i have to delete files older then 40 minutes with .pid extention. I wrote a script below for the purpose. #!/bin/bash # # Script to delete specific file older than N minutes. # OLDERTHAN="40" #40 minutes ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajid.shah
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to Cleanup Multipathing

I have a server running redhat 5.5 and it has one SAN device presented to it as LUN9. How can I clean up the remaining entries. I cannot afford to interupt the service. Please assist. # multipath -l mpath0 (36000097000019260298953666633436) dm-11 EMC,SYMMETRIX \_ round-robin 0 \_ 2:0:0:9 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Adobe application cleanup

I am trying to come up with a universal way of cleaning up after CS5 (and 5.5) installs. The history is this: adobe has a deployment tool called AAMEE that lets you re-package items and deploy them. Unfortunately it's very messy and leaves Application folders (and pieces of the apps) that do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kleinboy
1 Replies
gnome-cleanup(1)						   User Commands						  gnome-cleanup(1)

NAME
gnome-cleanup - cleans GNOME user preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-cleanup DESCRIPTION
gnome-cleanup erases all GNOME user preferences, returning the user to the default look and feel. This can be used to undo an undesired preference setting, or to correct the desktop if the preferences become corrupt. The GNOME preference files are automatically recreated the next time the user logs into a GNOME session. gnome-cleanup displays all preference files that it will delete before erasing any files, and prompts the user to confirm that they would like to erase these files. Files are deleted only after receiving a positive confirmation from the user. gnome-cleanup cannot be run while logged into a GNOME session. Users should run this program when logged into another session, for exam- ple, the Failsafe session. If the user tries to run this program while logged into GNOME, an error message is displayed. OPTIONS
None. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Deleting all GNOME user preferences example% gnome-cleanup After displaying a list of preference files that will be deleted, the following question is displayed: Do you wish to remove these files (Y/N) The files are deleted only if the user provides a positive response. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-cleanup Executable for GNOME cleanup. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
remove-gnome(1) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 11 Jan 2003 gnome-cleanup(1)