Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount a directory on another server? Post 302161668 by jlliagre on Friday 25th of January 2008 10:48:06 AM
Old 01-25-2008
What says:
Quote:
ls -ld /home/nms/test
df -k /home/nms/test
?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS mount home directory

Hello All, I have a question that I think I have the answer to but I'm not sure. All the information I get kind of dance around it. Well, my question is if you have NFS running, automount running, with auto_master and auto_home on a server. If a user logs in form cleint machine that has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
3 Replies

2. AIX

mount directory as cdrom

Hi guy's, my first post here on the forum :p I did a quick search here, but did not find a direct hit, so decided to post my question. I'm taking my first steps into AIX, and right now I'm trying to install some software that I've downloaded as a zip file, and have this extracted into a mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psyduck
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount directory on Linux problem

folks; I have 3 similar Linux SUSE 10 servers A, B & C I log as root and when i'm on B server & try to mount a directory on A server it works fine, but when i try to mount the same directory when i'm on C it doesn't and i get this error: Server C# mount 172.32.5.2:/var/local/export/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount a directory on one server to another?

Question 1) I have directory /home/userme/reports on server 1 and I want to mount that directory anywhere on server 2. How do I make this happen? Question 2) Server 2 is behind a firewall and server 1 is public...by mounting server 1 on server 2 do I compromise the security of server 2? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincaStar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a file or directory

Hi All, I am very new to Linux. I have just started preparation for RHCE. Can anybody pls tell me the meaning of mount a file or directory. When we mount particular file at that time what exactly we do with the file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunalpatil09
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Can not change timestamp on directory inside cifs mount

Greetings, I have an rsync server that is unable to change the timestamp on any directories inside of cifs mounts. The same thing happens on all of my red hat machines. These machines are all patched, touch -t works on directories inside any other filesystem including NFS mounts. This is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Create
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find Mount Directory

HI , I am trying to find directories/folder for the mount path . Ex mount path : /real/path/oracle/ora/ output is drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 37888 Feb 10 08:36 realdum drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle dba 16384 Feb 10 09:08 delete Is there any unix command to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
3 Replies

8. Linux

Make directory used as mount point read-only

For my backup , I mount and external hard disk to /mnt/mybackup and then I do an rsync to /mnt/mybackup If for some reason the rsync fails, I want to prevent it from writing data on the server hard disk itself since the external hard disk will no longer be mounted on it. I want /mnt/mybackup... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can we have 2 mount point under the same name but at different directory?

guys i would like to know can we have 2 mount point which is same name but on different directory? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leecopper
3 Replies
MBSNRTOWCS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     MBSNRTOWCS(3)

NAME
mbsnrtowcs - convert a multibyte string to a wide-character string SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> size_t mbsnrtowcs(wchar_t *dest, const char **src, size_t nms, size_t len, mbstate_t *ps); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): mbsnrtowcs(): Since glibc 2.10: _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L Before glibc 2.10: _GNU_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
The mbsnrtowcs() function is like the mbsrtowcs(3) function, except that the number of bytes to be converted, starting at *src, is limited to at most nms bytes. If dest is not NULL, the mbsnrtowcs() function converts at most nms bytes from the multibyte string *src to a wide-character string start- ing at dest. At most len wide characters are written to dest. The shift state *ps is updated. The conversion is effectively performed by repeatedly calling mbrtowc(dest, *src, n, ps) where n is some positive number, as long as this call succeeds, and then incrementing dest by one and *src by the number of bytes consumed. The conversion can stop for three reasons: 1. An invalid multibyte sequence has been encountered. In this case, *src is left pointing to the invalid multibyte sequence, (size_t) -1 is returned, and errno is set to EILSEQ. 2. The nms limit forces a stop, or len non-L'' wide characters have been stored at dest. In this case, *src is left pointing to the next multibyte sequence to be converted, and the number of wide characters written to dest is returned. 3. The multibyte string has been completely converted, including the terminating null wide character ('') (which has the side effect of bringing back *ps to the initial state). In this case, *src is set to NULL, and the number of wide characters written to dest, exclud- ing the terminating null wide character, is returned. According to POSIX.1, if the input buffer ends with an incomplete character, it is unspecified whether conversion stops at the end of the previous character (if any), or at the end of the input buffer. The glibc implementation adopts the former behavior. If dest is NULL, len is ignored, and the conversion proceeds as above, except that the converted wide characters are not written out to memory, and that no destination length limit exists. In both of the above cases, if ps is NULL, a static anonymous state known only to the mbsnrtowcs() function is used instead. The programmer must ensure that there is room for at least len wide characters at dest. RETURN VALUE
The mbsnrtowcs() function returns the number of wide characters that make up the converted part of the wide-character string, not including the terminating null wide character. If an invalid multibyte sequence was encountered, (size_t) -1 is returned, and errno set to EILSEQ. ATTRIBUTES
For an explanation of the terms used in this section, see attributes(7). +-------------+---------------+-------------------------------+ |Interface | Attribute | Value | +-------------+---------------+-------------------------------+ |mbsnrtowcs() | Thread safety | MT-Unsafe race:mbsnrtowcs/!ps | +-------------+---------------+-------------------------------+ CONFORMING TO
POSIX.1-2008. NOTES
The behavior of mbsnrtowcs() depends on the LC_CTYPE category of the current locale. Passing NULL as ps is not multithread safe. SEE ALSO
iconv(3), mbrtowc(3) mbsinit(3), mbsrtowcs(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 MBSNRTOWCS(3)