Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Barcode Writer in Pure Postscript 2008-01-25 (Default branch) Post 302161643 by Linux Bot on Friday 25th of January 2008 08:50:07 AM
Old 01-25-2008
Barcode Writer in Pure Postscript 2008-01-25 (Default branch)

Image Barcode Writer in Pure Postscript implements the printing of many barcode formats entirely within level 2 PostScript, so that the process of converting the input string into the printed output is performed by the printer itself. This avoids the need to re-implement the barcode generation process whenever your language needs change. The project supports most major barcode formats including EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, UPC-E, ISBN, Code 128 (A, B, and C), Code 39, Interleaved 2 of 5, Postnet, Code 2 of 5, and Codabar. License: MIT/X Consortium License Changes:
A bug in the generation of the pseudo-randomized padding characters for Data Matrix was corrected.Image

More...

ZBar(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 ZBar(3pm)

NAME
Barcode::ZBar - Perl interface to the ZBar Barcode Reader SYNOPSIS
setup: use Barcode::ZBar; my $reader = Barcode::ZBar::Processor->new(); $reader->init(); $reader->set_data_handler(&my_handler); scan an image: my $image = Barcode::ZBar::Image->new(); $image->set_format('422P'); $image->set_size(114, 80); $image->set_data($raw_bits); $reader->process_image($image); scan from video: $reader->set_visible(); $reader->set_active(); $reader->user_wait(); collect results: my @symbols = $image->get_symbols(); foreach my $sym (@symbols) { print("decoded: " . $sym->get_type() . ":" . $sym->get_data()); } DESCRIPTION
The ZBar Bar Code Reader is a library for scanning and decoding bar codes from various sources such as video streams, image files or raw intensity sensors. It supports EAN, UPC, Code 128, Code 39 and Interleaved 2 of 5. These are the bindings for interacting directly with the library from Perl. REFERENCE
Functions version() Returns the version of the zbar library as "major.minor". increase_verbosity() Increases global library debug by one level. set_verbosity(level) Sets global library debug to the indicated level. Higher numbers give more verbosity. parse_config(configstr) Parse a decoder configuration setting into a list containing the symbology constant, config constant, and value to set. See the documentation for "zbarcam"/"zbarimg" for available configuration options. Constants Width stream "color" constants: SPACE Light area or space between bars. BAR Dark area or colored bar segment. SEE ALSO
Barcode::ZBar::Processor, Barcode::ZBar::ImageScanner, Barcode::ZBar::Image, Barcode::ZBar::Symbol, Barcode::ZBar::Scanner, Barcode::ZBar::Decoder zbarimg(1), zbarcam(1) http://zbar.sf.net AUTHOR
Jeff Brown, <spadix@users.sourceforge.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2008-2009 (c) Jeff Brown <spadix@users.sourceforge.net> The ZBar Bar Code Reader is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. perl v5.14.2 2009-10-23 ZBar(3pm)