Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail.cf
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications sendmail.cf Post 302161613 by sysgate on Friday 25th of January 2008 08:17:13 AM
Old 01-25-2008
I don't know if " : " would work, but putting "DS[smtp1.domain.com]" will disable MX record lookup, so this should be valid.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail

Hello, how do you activate the sendmail program in solaris9? thanks, grep (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

Dear All , I have Linux Red Hat 6.1 , and i have sendmail (8.11.6 ) . i have big problem with spammers , i was looking in sendmail.cf configuration file and i saw this option , i tried it but it failed : the option is : # file containing known spammers by email,domain,ip Kjunk hash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

3. Programming

sendmail

hi, i am using sendmail function to send the mail for mail client. when i am sending mime content with attaching with body for the images. the image is not displaying in the mail box. all the mime content stuff is displaying. all the headers are proper. hope the reply for this (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagineni
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail

HI CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? I HAVE COME ACROSS A PROBLEM. I AM USING SENDMAIL IN HP-UX IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER /usr/sbin/sendmail -t someone@someplace.com < /path/to/file.log BUT THE RECEIPIENT DOESNOT GET THE ADDRESS IN THE TO: SECTION OF THE MAIL. ALSO I HAVE NOT FOUND ANY OPTION TO PUT A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail.cf

we have two mail servers and want to setup failover for DR. we have a line in sendmail.cf like this DS smtp.domain.com and this works fine...... we changed it to DS smtp1.domain.com smtp2.domain.com this is bad, we get errors of savemail panic and many bounce messages and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail Help

Hi All, Can anyone help me out to know how can a mail be sent from sendmail command. I tried the below command sendmail -f user-host@xyz.com -s "Some Message" -t abcd@xyz.com It throwed a message -s... User unknown Message... User unknown Some... User unknown But this did not work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
1 Replies

7. Linux

Sendmail

How do i see all incoming mail's and outgoing mail's for a particular user and how do i list folders of sendmail (mailbox) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar824u
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail questions, SCO 5.0.6 sendmail 8.11.0

I am running SCO 5.0.6 and using sendmail 8.11.0 and having issues with smtp authentication. When trying to send mail the following message will kick back. (reason: 530 5.7.1 Authentication required) 530 5.7.1 Authentication required Not sure what needs to be tweeked in sendmail.cf but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail

Hi, I have sendmail running in my server. I would like to know the vendor of this sendmail running in the server. I read in a blog that there are many vendors for sendmail. Please advise me how could I identify the vendor for this? Thanks, Poovalingam. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poova
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies
DwtResolvePartOffsets(3Dwt)											       DwtResolvePartOffsets(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtResolvePartOffsets - Allows writing of upward-compatible applications and widgets.

Syntax
       void DwtResolvePartOffsets(widget_class, offset)
	    WidgetClass widget_class;
	    DwtOffsetPtr *offset;

Arguments
       widget_class
		 Specifies the widget class pointer for the created widget.

offset	 Specifies the offset record.

Description
       The  use  of offset records requires one extra global variable per widget class.  The variable consists of a pointer to an array of offsets
       into the widget record for each part of the widget structure.  The DwtResolvePartOffsets function allocates the offset records needed by an
       application to guarantee upward-compatible applications and widgets.  These offset records are used by the widget to access all of the wid-
       get's variables.  A widget needs to take the following steps:

o    Instead of creating a resource list, the widget creates an offset resource list.  To help you accomplish this, use the DwtPartResource
	    structure  and the DwtPartOffset macro.  The DwtPartResource data structure looks just like a resource list, but instead of having one
	    integer for its offset, it has two shorts.	This gets put into the class record as if it were a  normal  resource  list.   Instead	of
	    using XtOffset for the offset, it uses DwtPartOffset.

o    Instead of putting the widget size in the class record, the widget puts the widget part in the same field.

o    Instead of putting XtVersion in the class record, the widget puts XtVersionDontCheck in the class record.

o    The widget defines a variable to point to the offset record.  This can be part of the widget's class record or a separate global vari-
	    able.

o    In class initialization, the widget calls DwtResolvePartOffsets, passing it the offset address and the class record.  This	does  sev-
	    eral things:

o	 Adds the superclass (which, by definition, has already been initialized) size field to the part size field.

o    Allocates an array based upon the number of superclasses.

o	 Fills	in  the offsets of all the widget parts with the appropriate values, determined by examining the size fields of all super-
		 class records.

o	 Uses the part offset array to modify the offset entries in the resource list to be real offsets, in place.

o    Instead of accessing fields directly, the widget must always go through the offset table.  You will probably define  macros  for  each
	    field to make this easier.	Assume an integer field ``xyz'':
	    #define BarXyz(w) (*(int *)(((char *) w) + offset[BarIndex] + 
			XtOffset(BarPart,xyz)))

The  DwtField  macro  helps  you  access  these fields.  Because the DwtPartOffset and DwtField macros concatenate arguments, you must
	    ensure there is no space before or after the part argument.  For example, the following do not work because of  the  space	before	or
	    after the part (Label) argument:
	    DwtField(w, offset, Label, text, char *)
	    DwtPartOffset( Label, text).
	    Therefore, you must not have any spaces before or after the part (Label) argument, as illustrated here:
	    DwtField(w, offset,Label, text, char *)

See Also
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtResolvePartOffsets(3Dwt)