Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substring/Instring of a string with datestamp Post 302161412 by Franklin52 on Thursday 24th of January 2008 12:11:33 PM
Old 01-24-2008
It works but that's not the most efficient solution...

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the substring from the string

Hi All, Can anybody help me to get the substring from the given string. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in string with whitespaces

hello, i have this string: variable="1234 /PARAMETER_1:text /PARAMETER_2:othertext" i tried to do expr match $variable '.*\(*\)' but i keep getting expr error i need to extract the word text... thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aloush89
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Instring in awk

Hi, I have the below data ownername/schemaname/tablename/columnname in a file ( 2nd column) I want to convert everthing to upper case except the column name like below OWNERNAME/SCHEMANAME/TABLENAME/columnname do we have a instring function in awk to handle this. Thx,shruthi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a substring from a string

Hi, I have an input string say for example: ABC,DEF,IJK,LMN,...,XYZ The above string is comma delimited. Now I have to extract the last part after the comma i.e. XYZ. :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get substring from string variable

Hi Dears, How to use variable in string location of expression ${string:index:length} to get substring from string? I encounter error "bad substitution" when I use expression ${$var:0:5} to get first 5 characters from $var. Could you please help me out of this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
DPPRFS(l)								 )								 DPPRFS(l)

NAME
DPPRFS - improve the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE DPPRFS( UPLO, N, NRHS, AP, AFP, B, LDB, X, LDX, FERR, BERR, WORK, IWORK, INFO ) CHARACTER UPLO INTEGER INFO, LDB, LDX, N, NRHS INTEGER IWORK( * ) DOUBLE PRECISION AFP( * ), AP( * ), B( LDB, * ), BERR( * ), FERR( * ), WORK( * ), X( LDX, * ) PURPOSE
DPPRFS improves the computed solution to a system of linear equations when the coefficient matrix is symmetric positive definite and packed, and provides error bounds and backward error estimates for the solution. ARGUMENTS
UPLO (input) CHARACTER*1 = 'U': Upper triangle of A is stored; = 'L': Lower triangle of A is stored. N (input) INTEGER The order of the matrix A. N >= 0. NRHS (input) INTEGER The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrices B and X. NRHS >= 0. AP (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The upper or lower triangle of the symmetric matrix A, packed columnwise in a linear array. The j-th column of A is stored in the array AP as follows: if UPLO = 'U', AP(i + (j-1)*j/2) = A(i,j) for 1<=i<=j; if UPLO = 'L', AP(i + (j-1)*(2n-j)/2) = A(i,j) for j<=i<=n. AFP (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N*(N+1)/2) The triangular factor U or L from the Cholesky factorization A = U**T*U or A = L*L**T, as computed by DPPTRF/ZPPTRF, packed column- wise in a linear array in the same format as A (see AP). B (input) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,NRHS) The right hand side matrix B. LDB (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N). X (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDX,NRHS) On entry, the solution matrix X, as computed by DPPTRS. On exit, the improved solution matrix X. LDX (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array X. LDX >= max(1,N). FERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The estimated forward error bound for each solution vector X(j) (the j-th column of the solution matrix X). If XTRUE is the true solution corresponding to X(j), FERR(j) is an estimated upper bound for the magnitude of the largest element in (X(j) - XTRUE) divided by the magnitude of the largest element in X(j). The estimate is as reliable as the estimate for RCOND, and is almost always a slight overestimate of the true error. BERR (output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (NRHS) The componentwise relative backward error of each solution vector X(j) (i.e., the smallest relative change in any element of A or B that makes X(j) an exact solution). WORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (3*N) IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (N) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value PARAMETERS
ITMAX is the maximum number of steps of iterative refinement. LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 DPPRFS(l)