Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users STDOUT redirect to a FILE, when fuser command is used !! Post 302160920 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 05:48:41 AM
Old 01-23-2008
fuser only outputs PIDs to stdout, everything else is sent to stderr.

Try replacing

Code:
echo `fuser -uf "$file_dir" | tr -dc "[:digit:]" ` 1>> tempmail.txt

with

Code:
fuser -f $file_dir  >> tempmail.txt  2> /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with redirect stdout to file

Hi all hope you can help as I am going MAD!!! :eek: The below is in a shell script but the redirection in the sed line does not work and outputs to the screen and the $fname_2 does note get created ????? Can any one help ?? #!/bin/ksh cd /app/ for fname in `ls -1 X*` do sed 1d $fname... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlucas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect stderr and/or stdout to /dev/null from command line

Is it possible to redirect errors at the command line when you run the script such as bash scriptname & 2>/dev/null? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knc9233
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect stderr and stdout to a file

Hi friends I am facing one problem while redirecting the out of the stderr and stdout to a file let example my problem with a simple example I have a file (say test.sh)in which i run 2 command in the background ps -ef & ls & and now i am run this file and redirect the output to a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushantnirwan
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect stdout/stderr to a file globally

Hi I am not if this is possible: is it possible in bach (or another shell) to redirect GLOBALLY the stdout/stderr channels to a file. So, if I have a script script.sh cmd1 cmd2 cmd3 I want all stdout/stderr goes to a file. I know I can do: ./script.sh 1>file 2>&1 OR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islegmar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect STDOUT to a file in a subshell

Hi, I would like to avoid re-directing line by line to a file. What is the best way to re-direct STDOUT to a file in a subshell? Thanks in advance. Cheers Vj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnvee
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

STDOUT redirect to file and format problems

Hi All, I am using centOS. When I try to redirect STDOUT to a file, it ends up in getting some funny characters. For example ... STDOUT of the command as follows. $ ls H3k27me3 H3k36me3 H3k4me1 H3k4me2 H3k4me3 H3k9ac H4k20me1 $ ls >test $ cat test ^ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chulamakuri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.logBut during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Lucas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies

9. Programming

C, UNIX: How to redirect 'stdout' to a file from a C code?

I am looking for a way to redirect standard output to a file from a C-code; so, any 'cout<<..' or 'printf(...)' will be written into a file. I have a server source that I need to debug. That program called by RPC (remote procedure call) and has no any session to print out anything. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: Code: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.log But during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Luc edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags like the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
6 Replies
CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)				     curl_easy_setopt options					CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS - set protocols allowed to redirect to SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS, long bitmask); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long that holds a bitmask of CURLPROTO_* defines. If used, this bitmask limits what protocols libcurl may use in a transfer that it follows to in a redirect when CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION(3) is enabled. This allows you to limit specific transfers to only be allowed to use a subset of protocols in redirections. Protocols denied by CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS(3) are not overridden by this option. By default libcurl will allow all protocols on redirect except several disabled for security reasons: Since 7.19.4 FILE and SCP are dis- abled, and since 7.40.0 SMB and SMBS are also disabled. CURLPROTO_ALL enables all protocols on redirect, including those disabled for secu- rity. These are the available protocol defines: CURLPROTO_DICT CURLPROTO_FILE CURLPROTO_FTP CURLPROTO_FTPS CURLPROTO_GOPHER CURLPROTO_HTTP CURLPROTO_HTTPS CURLPROTO_IMAP CURLPROTO_IMAPS CURLPROTO_LDAP CURLPROTO_LDAPS CURLPROTO_POP3 CURLPROTO_POP3S CURLPROTO_RTMP CURLPROTO_RTMPE CURLPROTO_RTMPS CURLPROTO_RTMPT CURLPROTO_RTMPTE CURLPROTO_RTMPTS CURLPROTO_RTSP CURLPROTO_SCP CURLPROTO_SFTP CURLPROTO_SMB CURLPROTO_SMBS CURLPROTO_SMTP CURLPROTO_SMTPS CURLPROTO_TELNET CURLPROTO_TFTP DEFAULT
All protocols except for FILE, SCP and since 7.40.0 SMB and SMBS. PROTOCOLS
All EXAMPLE
curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { /* pass in the URL from an external source */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, argv[1]); /* only allow redirects to HTTP and HTTPS URLs */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS, CURLPROTO_HTTP | CURLPROTO_HTTPS); /* Perform the request */ curl_easy_perform(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.19.4, before then it would follow all protocols. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_PROTOCOLS(3), libcurl 7.54.0 September 21, 2016 CURLOPT_REDIR_PROTOCOLS(3)