Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to use own account env variables to cron user Post 302160912 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 05:13:44 AM
Old 01-23-2008
In general you must fully define all the environmental variables you need and provide full pathnames for all commands and utilities.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding command line env in cron env

Hello friends, i run two scripts manually & they work. i run them in cron & they don work. how to match the two env's 1.command line env 2.cron env i would like cron to use command line env. Thanks & Regards Abhijeet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export env variables

hi i want to write a shell script to set environment variables . But i am not been able to set that for the current shell instead i have to spawn a new shell. Is there a way to set the env variable for the current shell using shell script in bash shell ? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the value of env variables

Hi, I want to get the value of the env varables using the ksh script. All the env variables are stored in a file. Eg. file1 $INPATH $OUTPATH myscirpt: for name in `awk { print $1 } file1` do cd $name done i'm getting the error like $INPATH not found. in the same script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to update env variables.

I am newbie on Unix system and seek help for updating env variables. The condition is like this: On Unix server, I log in as oracle user (this is the super for database on Unix), I type > env all envirnment variables show up. I saw one variable DBA_LIST contains a few email addreses. I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating env variables for user apache?

So that they can be used in a cgi script? How best to do this? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:38 AM ---------- Anyone that can help me with this? Basically I want to add an environment variable that will be visible to the cgi scripts when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
0 Replies

6. Solaris

env variables again

What is the difference between ${variable} and $variable when used in a script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to use env variables within ed

i have a file that i need to edit and replace a single value with another. so i have two variables, $oldvalue and $newvalue but below doesn't work: ed file.txt << EOF ,s/$oldversion/$newversion/g wq EOFi presume it's the $ that is the issue since it's actually special to ed. any suggestions?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crimso
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variables in script

Hi All, I have script and it's hardcoded the script ca invoke in user home dir and logs will be redirected to home dir of user. how to make the same script will be invoke from /usr/bin with out chg the logs and other functions path from /user/homedir . code is below: pls check how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script through cron with user environment variables

Hi everyone, I wrote a script that is supposed to be run by cron on a daily basis. It works just fine if I run it manually, but due to a lack of environment variables (which are available during my user session but not when cron runs the script) it keeps failing to run successfully. Here's the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Set env variables for user

Hi , I have installed oracle in Solaris machine and unable to set the env variable. I tried to put the env variable in .dtprofile file but didn't help. So everytime I login in need to run the command and export the variable. Kindly suggest where I am doing wrong.Pls excuse as I am not too... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies
BIO_find_type(3)						      OpenSSL							  BIO_find_type(3)

NAME
BIO_find_type, BIO_next - BIO chain traversal SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/bio.h> BIO * BIO_find_type(BIO *b,int bio_type); BIO * BIO_next(BIO *b); #define BIO_method_type(b) ((b)->method->type) #define BIO_TYPE_NONE 0 #define BIO_TYPE_MEM (1|0x0400) #define BIO_TYPE_FILE (2|0x0400) #define BIO_TYPE_FD (4|0x0400|0x0100) #define BIO_TYPE_SOCKET (5|0x0400|0x0100) #define BIO_TYPE_NULL (6|0x0400) #define BIO_TYPE_SSL (7|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_MD (8|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_BUFFER (9|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_CIPHER (10|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_BASE64 (11|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_CONNECT (12|0x0400|0x0100) #define BIO_TYPE_ACCEPT (13|0x0400|0x0100) #define BIO_TYPE_PROXY_CLIENT (14|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_PROXY_SERVER (15|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_NBIO_TEST (16|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_NULL_FILTER (17|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_BER (18|0x0200) #define BIO_TYPE_BIO (19|0x0400) #define BIO_TYPE_DESCRIPTOR 0x0100 #define BIO_TYPE_FILTER 0x0200 #define BIO_TYPE_SOURCE_SINK 0x0400 DESCRIPTION
The BIO_find_type() searches for a BIO of a given type in a chain, starting at BIO b. If type is a specific type (such as BIO_TYPE_MEM) then a search is made for a BIO of that type. If type is a general type (such as BIO_TYPE_SOURCE_SINK) then the next matching BIO of the given general type is searched for. BIO_find_type() returns the next matching BIO or NULL if none is found. Note: not all the BIO_TYPE_* types above have corresponding BIO implementations. BIO_next() returns the next BIO in a chain. It can be used to traverse all BIOs in a chain or used in conjunction with BIO_find_type() to find all BIOs of a certain type. BIO_method_type() returns the type of a BIO. RETURN VALUES
BIO_find_type() returns a matching BIO or NULL for no match. BIO_next() returns the next BIO in a chain. BIO_method_type() returns the type of the BIO b. NOTES
BIO_next() was added to OpenSSL 0.9.6 to provide a 'clean' way to traverse a BIO chain or find multiple matches using BIO_find_type(). Previous versions had to use: next = bio->next_bio; BUGS
BIO_find_type() in OpenSSL 0.9.5a and earlier could not be safely passed a NULL pointer for the b argument. EXAMPLE
Traverse a chain looking for digest BIOs: BIO *btmp; btmp = in_bio; /* in_bio is chain to search through */ do { btmp = BIO_find_type(btmp, BIO_TYPE_MD); if(btmp == NULL) break; /* Not found */ /* btmp is a digest BIO, do something with it ...*/ ... btmp = BIO_next(btmp); } while(btmp); SEE ALSO
TBA 50 2013-03-05 BIO_find_type(3)