Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script executing sql query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script executing sql query Post 302160739 by kingluke on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 04:41:51 PM
Old 01-22-2008
Script executing sql query

Hello,

I have a sh script excuting a sql query through sqlplus. I am having trouble making my date equal to the date of the server time in the sql script. How can i call the server date from my query?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Sql Query Using Shell Script

HI ALL i have a requirement like this. i have to write a shell script to run a sql query. DB is oracle. once the query is run, the results of the query has to be published in a data file. can you please advice me how to go about it. i am absolutely new to shell scripts and this is a part of my job. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a SQL query in shell script

Hi ALL, I need an help in connecting to oracle database, executing a select query and printing it on the screen. Can any one please write a simple code or psuedo code and let me know. select query returns multiple values( say select name from emp) Thanks in advance LM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executing SQL query using unix shell script

I want to perform few post-session success tasks like update a status to 'true' in one of the sql database table, update date values to current system date in one of the configuration table in sql. How do i achieve this in a post session command?syntax with example will be helpful. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanvaithi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a shell script from a PL / SQL Block

Hi, I need to call a shell script present on solaris server from within a PL / SQL block. Kindly suggest.. Thanks Sudhir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhird
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing SQL Query and sending a mail

Hi all, My reqirenet goes like this. Need to execute one select statement within the script and send a mail to the users with the number of records fecthed from the query. Please help.. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Achiever
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding executing sql query in shell script

Hi, I have one SQL file prepared in UNIX and one script that is executing that. In SQL i have Update and create queries. I want to introduce conditions in SQL file (in UNIX) that if either of the create or update query failes whole transaction should be rollback. I just have 1 create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with Executing sql in Shell Script

Hello~ I have a requirement to write a shell script which will connect to the oracle database and run a select count(*) query on a table. The script should succeed only when the count returns a number greater than zero. If the count returns zero, the script should fail. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naren.N
3 Replies
SQLSRV_QUERY(3) 														   SQLSRV_QUERY(3)

sqlsrv_query - Prepares and executes a query.

SYNOPSIS
mixed sqlsrv_query (resource $conn, string $sql, [array $params], [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
Prepares and executes a query. PARAMETERS
o $conn - A connection resource returned by sqlsrv_connect(3). o $sql - The string that defines the query to be prepared and executed. o $params - An array specifying parameter information when executing a parameterized query. Array elements can be any of the following: oA literal value oA PHP variable oAn array with this structure: array($value [, $direction [, $phpType [, $sqlType]]]) The following table describes the elements in the array structure above: Array structure +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Element | | | | | | | Description | | | | +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | $value | | | | | | | A literal value, a PHP variable, or a PHP by-ref- | | | erence variable. | | | | |$direction (optional) | | | | | | | One of the following SQLSRV constants used to | | | indicate the parameter direction: SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_IN, SQLSRV_PARAM_OUT, SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_INOUT. The default value is SQL- | | | SRV_PARAM_IN. | | | | | $phpType (optional) | | | | | | | A SQLSRV_PHPTYPE_* constant that specifies PHP | | | data type of the returned value. | | | | | $sqlType (optional) | | | | | | | A SQLSRV_SQLTYPE_* constant that specifies the | | | SQL Server data type of the input value. | | | | +----------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ o $options - An array specifing query property options. The supported keys are described in the following table: Query Options +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ | Key | | | | | | | | | Values | | | | | | | | Description | | | | | | +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ | QueryTimeout | | | | | | | | | A positive integer value. | | | | | | | | Sets the query timeout in seconds. | | | | By default, the driver will wait | | | | indefinitely for results. | | | | | | |SendStreamParamsAtExec | | | | | | | | | | | | | TRUE or FALSE (the default is TRUE) | | | | | | | | Configures the driver to send all | | | | stream data at execution ( TRUE), or | | | | to send stream data in chunks ( | | | | FALSE). By default, the value is set | | | | to TRUE. For more information, see | | | | sqlsrv_send_stream_data(3). | | | | | | | Scrollable | | | | | | | | | SQLSRV_CURSOR_FORWARD, SQLSRV_CUR- | | | | SOR_STATIC, SQLSRV_CURSOR_DYNAMIC, | | | | or SQLSRV_CURSOR_KEYSET | | | | | | | | See Specifying a Cursor Type and | | | | Selecting Rows in the Microsoft SQL- | | | | SRV documentation. | | | | | | +-----------------------+--------------------------------------+---+ RETURN VALUES
Returns a statement resource on success and FALSE if an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_query(3) example <?php $serverName = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password" ); $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $serverName, $connectionInfo); if( $conn === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } $sql = "INSERT INTO Table_1 (id, data) VALUES (?, ?)"; $params = array(1, "some data"); $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, $sql, $params); if( $stmt === false ) { die( print_r( sqlsrv_errors(), true)); } ?> NOTES
For statements that you plan to execute only once, use sqlsrv_query(3). If you intend to re-execute a statement with different parameter values, use the combination of sqlsrv_prepare(3) and sqlsrv_execute(3). SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_prepare(3), sqlsrv_execute(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_QUERY(3)