Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to store the values in a file into an array Post 302160605 by ennstate on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 07:48:43 AM
Old 01-22-2008
Please try this,

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
set -A array $(</tmp/YourInput)
echo ${array[*]}
echo "Total array elements :" ${#array[*]}

Thanks
Nagarajan G

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prase a file and store and result to an array

Dear all, I have a file having the following formats: ThreadFail=Web1=1234 ThreadFail=Web2=2345 ThreadFail=Web3=12 ConnectionFail=DB1=11 ConnectionFail=DB2=22 The number of lines will be different from every time . How can I parse the file and store the result to an a array inside... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: youareapkman
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values in an Array

Hi all. Well, I have the next code: I need to make an array with the values I have in the bucle, but just don't get it... Question is, how can I store in an array that values, and how can I display them with echo? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crcbad
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most reliable way to store file contents in an array in bash

Hi Guys, I have a file which has numbers in it separated by newlines as follows: 1.113 1.456 0.556 0.021 -0.541 -0.444 I am using the following code to store these in an array in bash: FILE14=data.txt ARRAY14=(`awk '{print}' $FILE14`) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK array to store lines from huge file

Hi, I would like to clarify about the NAWK array to store multiple lines from huge file. The file is having an unique REF.NO, I wants to store the lines (it may be 100+ lines) till I found the new REF.NO. How can I apply NAWK - arrays for the above? Rgds, sharif. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sharif
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file and store the values in variables

Hi, I have a config file that has blank, commented lines. I need to escape commented lines, blank lines, parse the remaining lines and store them in variables or array. the config file contains the following lines. # config file # Define Oracle User ORA_USER=abcde ORA_PASS=xyzabc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmi Chowdam
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the output values in array

Hi, How to store the values in array from output result, EG: I have the result like this, ps, google, 1.txt, 1 sam, google, 2.txt, 2 These are the four values followed by comma in two sets. I need to store these values set by set. One set contains four values followed by comma. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read values and store in array?

I am reading a value from a file and want to store the value in a dynamic array as i don't know the number of occurrences of the value in that file. How can i do that and then later fetch that value from array (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
25 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)