Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a list of files that were modified after a given date. Post 302160523 by rkka on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 04:12:55 AM
Old 01-22-2008
hey mate! that was a real eye opener. i was getting a bit put off by the description in the man files...

thanks again!!

cheers!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list last 10 days modified files

All, Is there is anyother single command that will handle ls -lrt | tail -10 Please let me know Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know year create/modified files?

Dear all, how to know created file time, include the year created/last modified? if using #ls -al only month date and time Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

3. Linux

compare files in the system with last modified date

HI, I have some files in my Linux machine that are very old and occupy a HUGe amount of space. I am trying to delete these files from the system so that it will be easy for me to add some files. I would like to know if this can done through a Perl or a shell script. What i want to do is i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files in a directory modified on a date

Hi How to list all the files in a directory that are modified on a particular date? Also need to know the count,i.e number of files modified on a particular date. Thanks Ashok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files modified after a particular date between servers

Hi all, i need to write a shell script to transfer a file modified after a particular date from one server to another. I searched for the related posts in this forum and got hints and snippets for it. i tried the below code ftp serverA user uname pwd lcd to_dir cd from_dir files=$(find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv folders/files without changing modified date?

Hi all, I'm using Red Hat Linux and want to move some folders and files around but not change the modified date. Is this possible? I know cp has a -p flag which seems to do what I want, but this is a large volume of data so copying and deleting would not be feasible. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the files which has modified date as yesterday and before?

Hi All, Can you please help me to get only the files which has the modified date as yesterday and before? Thanks in advance! Regards, Velava.S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies
ex12bit(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						  ex12bit(3alleg4)

NAME
ex12bit - How to fake a 12-bit truecolor mode on an 8-bit card. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example ex12bit DESCRIPTION
This program sets up a 12-bit mode on any 8-bit card, by setting up a 256-colour palette that will fool the eye into grouping two 8-bit pixels into one 12-bit pixel. In order to do this, you make your 256-colour palette with all the combinations of blue and green, assuming green ranges from 0-15 and blue from 0-14. This takes up 16x15=240 colours. This leaves 16 colours to use as red (red ranges from 0-15). Then you put your green/blue in one pixel, and your red in the pixel next to it. The eye gets fooled into thinking it's all one pixel. The example starts setting a normal 256 color mode, and construct a special palette for it. But then comes the trick: you need to write to a set of two adjacent pixels to form a single 12 bit dot. Two eight bit pixels is the same as one 16 bit pixel, so after setting the video mode you need to hack the screen bitmap about, halving the width and changing it to use the 16 bit drawing code. Then, once you have packed a color into the correct format (using the makecol12() function below), any of the normal Allegro drawing functions can be used with this 12 bit display! Things to note: The horizontal width is halved, so you get resolutions like 320x480, 400x600, and 512x768. Because each dot is spread over two actual pixels, the display will be darker than in a normal video mode. Any bitmap data will obviously need converting to the correct 12 bit format: regular 15 or 16 bit images won't display correctly... Although this works like a truecolor mode, it is actually using a 256 color palette, so palette fades are still possible! This code only works in linear screen modes (don't try Mode-X). SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), MATRIX(3alleg4), PALETTE(3alleg4), RGB(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), apply_matrix(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), circle(3alleg4), clear_bitmap(3alleg4), clear_keybuf(3alleg4), clear_to_color(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), create_bitmap_ex(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), ellipsefill(3alleg4), fade_out(3alleg4), fixcos(3alleg4), fixed(3alleg4), fixsin(3alleg4), fixtoi(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), get_rotation_matrix(3alleg4), get- pixel(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), itofix(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), line(3alleg4), makecol(3alleg4), masked_blit(3alleg4), putpixel(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_clip_rect(3alleg4), set_color(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_palette(3alleg4), text_height(3alleg4), text_length(3alleg4), textout_ex(3alleg4), textprintf_ex(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 ex12bit(3alleg4)