Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: simple date problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simple date problem Post 302160242 by ali560045 on Monday 21st of January 2008 07:59:36 AM
Old 01-21-2008
thanks a lot for ur reply........
i have use ur command like this

TZ=`date +%Z`+24 ; a=`date +%Y-%m-%d`

echo $ a

--------------------------------------------------------------------

i m able to grep yesterday date...can u tell me how to grep 2 day ago and also 3 day ago and likewise in the same format in the above command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Simple date and time calulation in BASH

The GNU date command in full of goodies but not when it comes to calculate a date or time difference. Here is what I came up with after looking to more than one solution. Code should be self explaining. #!/bin/bash date2stamp () { date --utc --date "$1" +%s } stamp2date (){ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any simple method to check date format (YYDDD)?

Hi Guru's, Are there any simple method to check the date format which is in "YYDDD" (ex: 08002 for 02-Jan-2008)? Eventhough this can be implemented in several way's, I need the simpler one. Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, Mysore Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date formatting?

Hi guys, I have some embedded perl within my shell script to get me the modification time/date of a file which returns me the following string: Fri May 1 09:52:58 2009 I have managed to get the bits i need such as 1-May-2009, but what i would prefer is 010509 instead... Here is my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi all, i have used the search already before someone shouts at me and i have seen the 'datecalc' program but this is not working correctly for me in the shell and environment i am using. I am using solaris 10 and bourne shell. I have two dates '07-04-2009' and '05-05-2009'. I just need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

20090620231013 to date format i am using substr, any simple way in perl?

Hi Everyone, $tmp="20090620231013"; $tmp = substr($tmp,0,8)." ".substr($tmp,8,2).":".substr($tmp,10,2).":".substr($tmp,12,2); So my output is: 20090620 23:10:13. I only can think substr is easy, any perl can do this just one line very simple efficient one? :eek: Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date and time calulation in BASH

There is a closed Thread: <url>Here will be the url to the original post once I have 5 posts in this forum...</url> But a small bug had found his way into this very cool and simple code. #!/bin/bash date2stamp () { date --utc --date "$1" +%s } stamp2date (){ date --utc --date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frood
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple date issue

Hi , Here is the smaller version of the problem. Working individually as command ************************>echo $SHELL /bin/bash ************************>TO_DAY=`date` ************************>echo $TO_DAY Tue Jul 16 02:28:31 EDT 2013 ************************> Not working when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do simple date (time) calculation in shell script?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to do a simple math calc during a shell script as a means of logging how long a particular task takes. For example... STARTTIME=whenever this script starts ./path/to/command.sh >>logfile.log TOTALTIME=<time at this stage of the script after above command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
7 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Simple 'date' to 001 scheme script

So since I'm looking for an easy way to numberize files in a folder according to date: Is there an easy script (batch, windows), that will rename files like this: .earliest creation time: 001.file older creatiin time : 002.file even older time : 003.file .... ... .. . ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
10 Replies
Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)

NAME
Weather::Com::DayForecast - class representing a forecast for one day SYNOPSIS
[...] my @locations = $weather_finder->find('Heidelberg'); my $forecast = $locations[0]->forecast(); my $tomorrow = $forecast->day(1); print "Forecast for tomorrow: "; print " - tomorrow it's the ", $tomorrow->date()->date(), " "; print " - sunrise will be at ", $tomorrow->sunrise()->time(), " "; print " - maximum temperature will be ", $tomorrow->high(), " "; DESCRIPTION
Via Weather::Com::DayForecast objects one can access the weather forecast for one specific day. This class will not be updated automatically with each call to one of its methods. You need to call a method of your Weather::Com::Forecast object to get updated objects. CONSTRUCTOR
You usually would not construct an object of this class yourself. This is implicitely done when you call the "day(number of day)" or the "all()" method of a Weather::Com::Forecast object. METHODS
date() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the date the forecast is for. high() Returns the maximum temperature that will be reached at daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be 'N/A' when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! low() Returns the minimum temperature that will be reached at night. sunrise() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunrise. sunset() Returns a Weather::Com::DateTime object containing the time of sunset. day() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the daytime. For day 0 (today), this will be "undef" when it's after noon... There is a bug in weather.com's date and time mathematics: If you are asking for a location's forecast day 0 and it's short after midnight, day 0 will be "yesterday" and you'll get both, yesterday's daytime forecast and night forecast! I have not investigated this issue further, yet. If anyone has, please inform me! night() Returns a Weather::Com::DayPart object with all data belonging to the night. AUTHOR
Thomas Schnuecker, <thomas@schnuecker.de> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2004-2007 by Thomas Schnuecker This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The data provided by weather.com and made accessible by this OO interface can be used for free under special terms. Please have a look at the application programming guide of weather.com (<http://www.weather.com/services/xmloap.html>)! perl v5.8.8 2007-07-09 Weather::Com::DayForecast(3pm)