Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trick to ignore space in folder name Post 302160205 by ThobiasVakayil on Monday 21st of January 2008 07:07:04 AM
Old 01-21-2008
Hello,

Please do like this :
sh log_delete2.sh "/home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM"

Inside the script you have to do like this

cd "$1"

If the directory /home/kumarpua/TESTARTIFACTS/atf-chix/ATF-subversion-dev/ssenglogs/A RM is exists then it will work.

Regards,
Thobias

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

space in perticular folder in unix

can any one tell me how to know the free space in perticular folder in unix. size in bytes/MB. thanks in adv. spandu (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

space in folder name

hi my folder name is below FTP_DIR="/DATA/TEMP/PA Mthly and Qrty files" But when i am using the varaible in my ftp shel script i am getting the error '/DATA/TEMP/VA: The system cannot find the path specified please advice. thanks in advance sam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating space in root folder

Hi , I was wondering if anyone knows any great ways for creating space in your Root Folder. My root folder was created with only 247.7MB & I found out that its now full & I was initially wondering how important the "thumbnails Folder" was & if it was alright to delete their contenses as I noticed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the folder with space in name.

A solaris server with SAMBA share folder. The PC users created many folders with space on it, I want to find them out, but not list its subfolders. For example, I have below folders Copy of ABC/efg/xy sa/Test again/xyt If I use command: find . -type d |grep " " I will list 6 folders, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdcwayx
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy multiple files with space to folder

Please help , I am in an urgent need, Please help nawk '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){printf("%s\n",$i)}}' filename | sed 's/.*com//' | nawk '/pdf/ {printf("F:%s\n",$0)}' | while read line; do mv $line /images/; done the above script works for without spaces but,My path is also having some space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore space regular expression

I just wrote a modsecurity rule that blocks execution on "cat /etc/passwd" from webshell. But when I use cat /etc/passwd it works. Ie when I add space after cat. What I need is a regular expression to ignore additional space than the first single space after cat. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK FS with ignore space option

Hi, i have in a situation to get the variables which are having a "|" delimiter and each variable may or may not have spaces, so how can i skip the spaces on the string and print the string as it is. For example: line = "|Hello world|Hello|Hi Guys| read x y z <<<$(echo "$line" | awk -F"|"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprabhaker
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Which Folder occupies more space?

Hi, What are the correct parameters to list folders size in MBs under a particular directory in HP-UX ? I know and commands but cannot get the output of folder sizes in MBs. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Folder in Shell Script ?

Hi, I currently use a script to extract *.deb files located in a Directory called "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads" The Problem is howver I want the script to ignore the folder: "/var/mobile/Media/Downloads/New Debs and Files" (it shall NOT decompile any of the files in that folder. Here is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from Space Folder to other folder

I want to move a folder with spaces from one folder to another. I have two folders like this, 1).RT_032-222 -4444-01/ 2). RT_032-555 -7777-01/ I want to move files from 2 to 1 through shell script.Here I want to assign this like a user defined variable like as Source branch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD