Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scalar variable assignment in perl + { operator Post 302160072 by JamesGoh on Sunday 20th of January 2008 04:09:29 PM
Old 01-20-2008
thanks guys.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't modify not in scalar assignment compilation error

My perl code is below. Its just a simple assignment and printing out of the value. $match = "my name is"; print "printing $match\n" ; Does anyone know where is the error? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

2. Programming

what is diff b/w copy constructor and overloaded assignment operator

Helo i m new in c++. i m confuse about what is exact difference b/w copy constructor and overloaded assignment operator. Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl scalar variable in backquoted string

hi I've been searching all over the internet to simply do the following: $tempfile = "/usr/school/tempfile.dat"; $myvar = param('add'); ###add is the variable assigned to a popup menu `ls -l $myvar * >> $tempfile` ###I also tried `ls -l ${myvar}* >>$tempfile` open(ADDLIST,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi9
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI: populate a scalar from a select statement

hi every resource i see regarding DBI refers to retrieving data from a database into and array or a hash, but i havent seen anything on how to pull out a single value to a scalar in my database i have a field called "forcewrite" with a value of "6". I am trying to connect to the database,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with KSH script using scalar variable

Hi Guys, I'm having a hard time bringing out my desired output from my korn shell script. This particular statement from my script its seems not working perl -ne 'print if $_ lt ${date1}' . My complete script as shown below. Please help. Code: #!/usr/bin/ksh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorneri
5 Replies

6. Programming

c++ assignment operator overloading

Hello everyone! Suppose that I have something like this A a; a.mem=new int; A b = a; where class A { public: int * mem; A() : mem(NULL) { } ~A() { if (mem!=NULL) delete mem; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashuser2
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need to understand the overloaded assignment operator behavior

Hi, In the following code, class A { public: void operator=(const A& rhs) { if (this == &rhs) cout << "self-assigned"; } }; class B { A a; // should not be a pointer member, (i.e) A* a }; int main() { B b; b = b; // Ans: self-assigned } I am really... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assignment operator without operand

Does anyone know how this line in bash works? local gotbase= force= nicelevel corelimit local pid base= user= nice= bg= pid_file= local cgroup= These lines are part of the daemon function inside the "functions" file at /etc/init.d in RH. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rameshck
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : converting file to different scalar elements

I have a text file containing 2 exec statements as below and trying to store the below 2 execs into 2 different scalar variables in perl. /* ICD Dist, Total */ /* need to export to Excel, sheet=ICD_Dist__Total */ exec( 'select sum(count(*)) cast(count(*)*100.0/sum(count(*)) over() as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable assignment failure/unary operator expected

I have a little code block (executing on AIX 7.1) that I cannot understand why the NOTFREE=0 does not appear to be assigned even though it goes through that block. This causes a unary operator issue. #!/bin/bash PLATFORM="AIX" NEEDSPC=3000 set -x if ; then lsvg | grep -v rootvg | while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
6 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)