Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris services status finding ...??? Post 302160020 by tennetip on Sunday 20th of January 2008 04:19:48 AM
Old 01-20-2008
Bug knowing the services in Solaris

after logging in u can use the following command to know the service types

who -X

Rgds,

T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

3. AIX

Finding Power Supply Status

Hi, As in Management Modules of IBM it is possible to find out wheather out of dual powersupply , if one goes down. is it possible to find out in HMC to find out if one power supply goes down of P Series server? if server is remotely HOw to find out if one power supply of server is down?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the exit status of a 'nohup' command using 'PID'.

Hello All, I need to run a set of scripts, say 50 of them, parallely. I'm running these 50 scripts, from inside a script with the help of 'nohup' command. 1.The fifty scripts are stored in a separate file. 2.In a master script, i'm reading every line of the file through loop and executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
4 Replies

8. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
XINETD.LOG(5)							File Formats Manual						     XINETD.LOG(5)

NAME
xinetd.log - xinetd service log format DESCRIPTION
A service configuration may specify various degrees of logging when attempts are made to access the service. When logging for a service is enabled, xinetd will generate one-line log entries which have the following format (all entries have a timestamp as a prefix): entry: service-id data The data depends on the entry. Possible entry types include: START generated when a server is started EXIT generated when a server exits FAIL generated when it is not possible to start a server USERID generated if the USERID log option is used. NOID generated if the USERID log option is used, and the IDONLY service flag is used, and the remote end does not identify who is trying to access the service. In the following, the information enclosed in brackets appears if the appropriate log option is used. A START entry has the format: START: service-id [pid=%d] [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] An EXIT entry has the format: EXIT: service-id [type=%d] [pid=%d] [duration=%d(sec)] type can be either status or signal. The number is either the exit status or the signal that caused process termination. A FAIL entry has the format: FAIL: service-id reason [from=%d.%d.%d.%d] Possible reasons are: fork a certain number of consecutive fork attempts failed (this number is a configurable parameter) time the time check failed address the address check failed service_limit the allowed number of server instances for this service would be exceeded process_limit a limit on the number of forked processes was specified and it would be exceeded A DATA entry has the format: DATA: service-id data The data logged depends on the service. login remote_user=%s local_user=%s tty=%s exec remote_user=%s verify=status command=%s Possible status values: ok the password was correct failed the password was incorrect baduser no such user shell remote_user=%s local_user=%s command=%s finger received string or EMPTY-LINE A USERID entry has the format: USERID: service-id text The text is the response of the identification daemon at the remote end excluding the port numbers (which are included in the response). A NOID entry has the format: NOID: service-id IP-address reason SEE ALSO
xinetd(1L), xinetd.conf(5) 28 April 1993 XINETD.LOG(5)