Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris services status finding ...??? Post 302160018 by udayn on Sunday 20th of January 2008 03:13:51 AM
Old 01-20-2008
services status finding ...???

Could we find out the all services status in salaries 9 operating system....???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to check status of various services and port?

How can i check which service is activated on my AIX Box? how one can check particular port is open or not (like ftp/telnet port)? I dont have admin rights (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

3. AIX

Finding Power Supply Status

Hi, As in Management Modules of IBM it is possible to find out wheather out of dual powersupply , if one goes down. is it possible to find out in HMC to find out if one power supply goes down of P Series server? if server is remotely HOw to find out if one power supply of server is down?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script - Finding Autosys job status

Hi, There are 2000 jobs in the list and i need to draw their status. I put all the jobs in the list and trying to read one by one from the list and to find out the status. Help me out in correcting the script. #!/bin/csh for a in $(cat Jobs_List.txt); do source <<path>> autorep -j $a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding the exit status of a 'nohup' command using 'PID'.

Hello All, I need to run a set of scripts, say 50 of them, parallely. I'm running these 50 scripts, from inside a script with the help of 'nohup' command. 1.The fifty scripts are stored in a separate file. 2.In a master script, i'm reading every line of the file through loop and executing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriRamKrish
4 Replies

8. AIX

List running services, Package name and status on AIX.

Hi, How can I list running services, corresponding package name and status on the AIX host? On Linux (Centos), I use the below code snippet:- for i in `chkconfig --list | awk '{ print $1}'`; do status=`/sbin/service $i status` packagename=`rpm -qf /etc/init.d/$i` done Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

List running services, corresponding package name and status.

Hi, I am trying to list down list of running services, corresponding package name and status on HP-UX box. The output will be a CSV in a fashion:- Service Name, Package Name, Status. While working on Linux centos, I used chkconfig to do the same. Below was the snippet:- for i in `chkconfig... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Happy83
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Boot Error - NIS services fails with Status 96

My system suddenly crash and when it rebooted there was an error: /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s3 is logging svc.startd: svc:/network/nis/client:default: Method "/method/yp" failed with status 96. The system completes booting however when I log in a user account / directory is not longer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedSolarisHelp
1 Replies
inetd.conf(4)                                                      File Formats                                                      inetd.conf(4)

NAME
inetd.conf - Internet servers database SYNOPSIS
/etc/inet/inetd.conf /etc/inetd.conf DESCRIPTION
In the current release of the Solaris operating system, the inetd.conf file is no longer directly used to configure inetd. The Solaris ser- vices which were formerly configured using this file are now configured in the Service Management Facility (see smf(5)) using inetadm(1M). Any records remaining in this file after installation or upgrade, or later created by installing additional software, must be converted to smf(5) services and imported into the SMF repository using inetconv(1M), otherwise the service will not be available. For Solaris operating system releases prior to the current release (such as Solaris 9), the inetd.conf file contains the list of servers that inetd(1M) invokes when it receives an Internet request over a socket. Each server entry is composed of a single line of the form: service-name endpoint-type protocol wait-status uid server-program server-arguments Fields are separated by either <SPACE> or <TAB> characters. A `#' (number sign) indicates the beginning of a comment; characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by routines that search this file. service-name The name of a valid service listed in the services file. For RPC services, the value of the service-name field con- sists of the RPC service name or program number, followed by a '/' (slash) and either a version number or a range of version numbers, for example, rstatd/2-4. endpoint-type Can be one of: stream for a stream socket dgram for a datagram socket raw for a raw socket seqpacket for a sequenced packet socket tli for all TLI endpoints protocol A recognized protocol listed in the file /etc/inet/protocols. For servers capable of supporting TCP and UDP over IPv6, the following protocol types are also recognized: tcp6 udp6 tcp6 and udp6 are not official protocols; accordingly, they are not listed in the /etc/inet/protocols file. Here the inetd program uses an AF_INET6 type socket endpoint. These servers can also handle incoming IPv4 client requests in addition to IPv6 client requests. For RPC services, the field consists of the string rpc followed by a '/' (slash) and either a '*' (asterisk), one or more nettypes, one or more netids, or a combination of nettypes and netids. Whatever the value, it is first treated as a nettype. If it is not a valid nettype, then it is treated as a netid. For example, rpc/* for an RPC service using all the transports supported by the system (the list can be found in the /etc/netconfig file), equiv- alent to saying rpc/visible rpc/ticots for an RPC service using the Connection-Oriented Transport Service. wait-status This field has values wait or nowait. This entry specifies whether the server that is invoked by inetd will take over the listening socket associated with the service, and whether once launched, inetd will wait for that server to exit, if ever, before it resumes listening for new service requests. The wait-status for datagram servers must be set to wait, as they are always invoked with the orginal datagram socket that will participate in delivering the service bound to the specified service. They do not have separate "listening" and "accepting" sockets. Accordingly, do not configure UDP services as nowait. This causes a race condition by which the inetd program selects on the socket and the server program reads from the socket. Many server programs will be forked, and performance will be severely compromised. Connection-oriented services such as TCP stream services can be designed to be either wait or nowait status. uid The user ID under which the server should run. This allows servers to run with access privileges other than those for root. server-program Either the pathname of a server program to be invoked by inetd to perform the requested service, or the value internal if inetd itself provides the service. server-arguments If a server must be invoked with command line arguments, the entire command line (including argument 0) must appear in this field (which consists of all remaining words in the entry). If the server expects inetd to pass it the address of its peer, for compatibility with 4.2BSD executable daemons, then the first argument to the command should be specified as %A. No more than 20 arguments are allowed in this field. The %A argument is implemented only for services whose wait-status value is nowait. FILES
/etc/netconfig network configuration file /etc/inet/protocols Internet protocols /etc/inet/services Internet network services SEE ALSO
rlogin(1), rsh(1), in.tftpd(1M), inetadm(1M), inetconv(1M), inetd(1M), services(4), smf(5) NOTES
/etc/inet/inetd.conf is the official SVR4 name of the inetd.conf file. The symbolic link /etc/inetd.conf exists for BSD compatibility. This man page describes inetd.conf as it was supported in Solaris operating system releases prior to the current release. The services that were configured by means of inetd.conf are now configured in the Service Management Facility (see smf(5)) using inetadm(1M). SunOS 5.10 17 Dec 2004 inetd.conf(4)