Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System Reboot Log
Operating Systems Solaris System Reboot Log Post 302159932 by gera_sachin125 on Saturday 19th of January 2008 09:13:53 AM
Old 01-19-2008
System Reboot Log

Hello Everyone ,

I am a new member to this forum and came to know about this from so many of my friends . I face one issue last day when suddenly the system got rebooted ( But don,t know why ) . Can someone please help me in investigating this issue as to why the system got rebooted and who initiated this . Where the logs for this reboot would be and the advanced commands to check if any .

Thanks a lot in advance !Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Intermitent System Reboot's

Hi all, Just started holidays (ya!) and Murphy's Law has kicked in already (doh!). I'm looking after (when at work) two SCO 5.0.5 Systems running on Netfinity 5500 Servers (Model # 8662-3RY). Every once and a while the production server just reboot's itself. There is no mention of a cause... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Reboot Dates

Hi, Can someone advise me how to find the last system rebooted date(s)? Thanx N Regards, Hush (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hush
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loading redhat causes system to reboot over and over

Hi folks, I tried to load a copy of redhat from CD to an HP6640C. The system reads the first disk and offers me a choice to use the graphic load or the text load. I selct either one and the system seems to start reading the disk then it reboots. It does not give me any errors and except that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkazjazz
0 Replies

4. AIX

How to check who/which id perform a system reboot?

Hi Guys, I would like to know is there a way to find out who or which id performed the system reboot?Uptime only shows the last date the system was reboot but no userid or ip add.Need to investigate something due to some reboot issues. Thanks Giri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giriplug
1 Replies

5. Solaris

system self reboot

dear all, I have 2 T2000 with solaris 10 and oracle 10g installed on it. these two servers are rebooted by itself. could anyone help me investigate the cause. the message log is attached thanx, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Reboot, System is Frozen at setting interface for multicast HELP

I'm not an advanced user by any strech, that being said here is my problem: I ran "reboot" on a sun blade 2500 When loading up it runs through the usual routine, checking disks, filesystems and then it locks up after the following message: ***** starting rpc services: rpcbind... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyukins
6 Replies

7. Linux

xinetd @system reboot

Hi, Once again I came to get rescued in a situation where one of my workstations has this ierd thing that "xinetd" won't start at reboot or shutdown. I have done the follwoing but no change in results. chkconfig --list xinetd xinetd 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harjitsingh
2 Replies

8. Solaris

system reboot procedure

Hi all, i want to know the procedure reboot the server through console if the system is completely down.Please help me if anybody knows this. I would really thanfull to all. regards Krishna Murthy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murthy76
1 Replies

9. Solaris

System reboot shows blank screen

we are using sun solaris sunfire v445, yesterday improperly shutdown the server and now while restart the system show a screen which is blank and the hard disc drive indicator light is also not glowing. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrdb
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Script on system reboot

Hi, I have the following script that looks for a certain file and then executes the start.sh file. How can i make this process to kick when the box reboots. Please advice if ; then /u01/Essbase/Oracle//Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem7/bin/start.sh; rm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinkingeye
8 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
/sbin/reboot [ -lqnhdarsfRD ] /sbin/halt [ -lqndars ] /sbin/fastboot [ -lqndarsRD ] DESCRIPTION
2.11BSD is started by placing it in memory at location zero and transferring to its entry point. Since the system is not reentrant, it is necessary to read it in from disk or tape each time it is to be boot strapped. Rebooting a running system: When the system is running and a reboot is desired, shutdown(8) is normally used to stop time sharing and put the system into single user mode. If there are no users then /sbin/reboot can be used without shutting the system down first. Reboot normally causes the disks to be synced and allows the system to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing hardware time-of-day clocks. A multi-user reboot (as described below) is then initiated. This causes a system to be booted and an automatic disk check to be performed. If all this succeeds without incident, the system is then brought up for multi-user operation. Options to reboot are: -l Don't try to tell syslogd(8) what's about to happen. -q Reboot quickly and ungracefully, without shutting down running processes first. -n Don't sync before rebooting. This can be used if a disk or the processor is on fire. -h Don't reboot, simply halt the processor. -d Dump memory onto the dump device, usually part of swap, before rebooting. The dump is done in the same way as after a panic. -a Have the system booter ask for the name of the system to be booted, rather than immediately booting the default system (/unix). -r Mount the root file system as read only when the system reboots. This is not supported by the kernel in 2.11BSD. -s Don't enter multi-user mode after system has rebooted - stay in single user mode. -f Fast reboot. Omit the automatic file system consistency check when the system reboots and goes multi-user. This is accomplished by passing a fast reboot flag on to the rebooting kernel. This currently prevents the use of -f flag in conjunction with the -h (halt) flag. -D Set the autoconfig(8) debug flag. This is normally not used unless one is debugging the autoconfig program. -R Tells the kernel to use the compiled in root device. Normally the system uses the device from which it was booted as the root/swap/pipe/dump device. Reboot normally places a shutdown record in the login accounting file /usr/adm/wtmp. This is inhibited if the -q or -n options are present. Note that the -f (fast reboot) and -n (don't sync) options are contradictory; the request for a fast reboot is ignored in this case. Halt and fastboot are synonymous with ``reboot -h'' and ``reboot -f'', respectively. Power fail and crash recovery: Normally, the system will reboot itself at power-up or after crashes if the contents of low memory are intact. An automatic consistency check of the file systems will be performed, and unless this fails, the system will resume multi-user operations. SEE ALSO
autoconfig(8), sync(2), utmp(8), shutdown(8), syslogd(8) 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 24, 1996 REBOOT(8)