Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 3 servers 1 .ksh script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 3 servers 1 .ksh script Post 302159786 by cml2008 on Friday 18th of January 2008 03:11:36 PM
Old 01-18-2008
3 servers 1 .ksh script

system = AIX

How can I explain this.....

Keep in mind I do not want to login to the boxes, persay, and that I am fairly new to scripting and unix.

I want to use SSH.

I have a script on server1, this is where I want it to run from.
I have server2 and server3, where I want the script to get information from.

basically I want to be able to run a grep command from server1 to server2 and server3.

That is just about it, I can't think of any other way to put it.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

-cml2008

Last edited by cml2008; 01-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: might have left out pertinent information

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh to run servers

I want to write a Kshell program which will start the servers(Oracle,DataIntegrator). Can anybody help me with this? I would appreciate your help. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pari111222
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh connection to other servers

Hello, I am looking for a way for a server to launch a connection command to one of the other servers where the connection command has already embedded in it a server name, user name and a password. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same KSH behaving differently on diff servers

HI all I have written a ksh to execute PL/sql procedure and generate the log file. The script is working fine to the extent of calling the taking input, executing PL/SQL procedure. On one server the log file is getting generated properly. i,e it shows the DBMS output . The log file size was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrishnakini
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh to check second time difference between two servers

I am currently setting up a public key authentication between servers. The goal is to get the date via `ssh hostname date` on all the 4 remote servers , put the value in a text file on the central server and compare the date (specifically seconds) for each server date output to check if time is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Call one script from other script lying on different servers.

HI All, I have a requirement of execueting a Shell script on serverA, which is going to execute an application script ( Hyperian Planning script ) on serverB. Can any one please help in how to achieve this? e.g. script abc.ksh runs on serverA. internally abc.ksh call a script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
3 Replies
ntp.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						       ntp.conf(5)

Name
       ntp.conf - Network Time Protocol configuration file

Description
       The  file  is the configuration file for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) daemon, This file must be configured on your system before running
       Any host names that you specify in the file must have an entry in the file, or an entry in the master database, if the  database  is  being
       served to your system by BIND/Hesiod or Yellow Pages.

The file has four entry formats:

trusting no
	    This entry guarantees that your system synchronizes only to the NTP servers identified in the peer and server entries specified.  Dig-
	    ital recommends that all systems include the entry.

peer server
	    This entry identifies server as one of the NTP servers that your system trusts, and from which your system will accept  time  synchro-
	    nization.	 Your  system  may  also  provide time synchronization to this server.	Servers can be identified by host name or internet
	    address.

NTP servers should be configured with entries.

server server
	    This entry identifies server as one of the NTP servers that your system trusts, and from which your system will accept  time  synchro-
	    nization.	Your  system  can  not	provide  time  synchronization to this server.	Servers can be identified by host name or internet
	    address.

NTP clients should be configured with entries.

peer   /dev/null       LOCL    1       -5      local
	    This entry identifies your system as a local reference clock.  A local reference clock is the most accurate system clock available	at
	    your  site.   If you receive time synchronization from the Internet NTP service, you should not include this entry on any of your sys-
	    tems.  At most, one system in a set of nodes running should be identified as a local reference clock.

A host which specifies this entry should not specify any or entries.

Examples
       This is a sample configuration file for an NTP client which receives time synchronization from the NTP servers: and Lines beginning with  a
       number sign (#) are comments.
       #
       #	       NTP  Configuration File
       #	This file is mandatory for the ntpd daemon
       #
       #
       #
       #   **  A L L  **
       #
       #  "trusting no" prevents this host from synchronizing
       #   to any host that is not listed below.  It is recommended
       #   that all hosts include the line "trusting no".
       #
       trusting no
       #
       #
       #    **	S E R V E R  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a server, use "peer" entries to
       #  synchronize to other NTP servers.  For example, server1,
       #  server2, and server3.
       #
       #peer	      server1
       #peer	      server2
       #peer	      server3
       #
       #
       #
       #
       #    **	C L I E N T  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a client, use "server" entries to
       #  synchronize to NTP servers.  For example, server1, server2,
       #  and server3.
       #
       server	      server1
       server	      server2
       server	      server3
       #
       #
       #
       #    **	L O C A L   R E F E R E N C E	C L O C K  **
       #
       #  If you are configuring a local reference clock, include the
       #  following entry and the "trusting no" entry ONLY.
       #
       #peer	 /dev/null LOCL 1    -5   local
       #

See Also
       ntp(1), ntpd(8), ntpdc(8)
       RFC 1129--Internet time synchronization:  The Network Time Protocol
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

ntp.conf(5)