Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert to excel
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert to excel Post 302159566 by ganga.dharan on Friday 18th of January 2008 01:49:11 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ennstate
Please try this,
Code:
 sed -ne 's/|/,/g' YourInput > /tmp/out.csv

Thanks
Nagarajan G
Hi Nagarajan,

Thanks for your time.. But the above command doesn't seem to be working Smilie

sed -ne 's/|/,/g' test > test.csv

I executed the command as in the above line, wherein test contains the data as in my initial mail. You can see test.csv with 0 bytes.. I am afraid that it didnit write anything to it.. Smilie

/home/ganagdhar$ ls -ltr test*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gangadhar root 746 28 Sep 06:49 test.sh
-rw-r----- 1 gangadhar root 86 17 Jan 08:02 test
-rw-rw-r-- 1 gangadhar root 0 18 Jan 01:46 test.csv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Text to Excel

I have some text data generated by a perl script and want to put it into an excel sheet. Is there a perl script that can do this for me, i.e, convert text data to excel? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pavankk
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert each field to excel

Hi Folks!! I would like to convert each and every output of my query to the excel column wise. Let me give you an example The first attachment (cr.jpg) is the one which i am getting out of a query and the fields are delimited with a '|' (pipe) symbol. I would like to convert each field into a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to convert text/csv to excel

Hello All, I have a sql report with 50 columns and 1000 rows result in a file ( txt / csv). is there is any way that we can move them to excel in KSH. Thanks, Sateesh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert the content of file into COLUMN (To export into excel)

I have multiple condition in file as below. MONITOR "ALERT_INFO" DESCRIPTION "Triggered when informational Netware alert occured" MAXTHRESHOLD 95 SEVERITY Normal MONITOR "ALERT_MAJOR" DESCRIPTION "Triggered when major Netware alert occured" MAXTHRESHOLD SEVERITY Major I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: velocitnitin
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert array data to excel format

I need your help in changing the script I have data has below text file :> cat my_emp Employee array(0) Name : Albert No : 1234 Address: stationstraat City: Utrecht Employee array (1) Name : Kouwen No : 1256 Address: stationstraat City: Amsterdam Employee array (2) Name : Peter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Excel Files to Xls?

Hi All, I have created a BI Publisher report in Oracle apps R12. It has generated the output with *.EXCEL file extension. I have a shell script to mail this output. in my shell script I have copied this file and saved as *.xls file. But the R12 generated *.EXCEL file is not a real excel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert csv to excel

Hi All, I have a csv file in unix and I need to convert it into excel formate. Please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert text file into Excel sheet

:cool:Hi, Iam new to this Scripts and forum too. Plz excuse if may i ask silly questions now and further.. Prob: i need to convert txt files data into excel sheet. Suppose if i have hour-wise data in txt file1 and file2 like file1 file2 00: 140 00: 235 01: 160 01:415... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrudula
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to csv in python date not display exactly

Hi, Anyone can help I am just converting the excel file to csv using python, I can get the conversion output but the date not display exactly. test.xlsx date format 167 1588 risks/SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE.pdf SCS JP CAMPANA & CIE 2 1 1 0 2015-03-16 16:56:25 167 1146 risks/AirBNB... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fspalero
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel to tab

Hello, I have an excel sheet (.xlsx), with 11 worksheets. I need to run my bash scripts on the 1st worksheet and write the output to the 2nd worksheet. I am currently manually converting the worksheet into a tab delimited to run the script and then pasting it back to excel. Is there a way to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies
ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       ATF-TEST-PROGRAM(1)

NAME
atf-test-program -- common interface to ATF test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-test-program [-r resfile] [-s srcdir] [-v var1=value1 [.. -v varN=valueN]] test_case atf-test-program -l DESCRIPTION
Test programs written using the ATF libraries all share a common user interface, which is what this manual page describes. NOTE: There is no binary known as atf-test-program; what is described in this manual page is the command-line interface exposed by the atf-c, atf-c++ and atf-sh bindings. In the first synopsis form, the test program will execute the provided test case and print its results to the standard output, unless other- wise stated by the -r flag. Optionally, the test case name can be suffixed by ':cleanup', in which case the cleanup routine of the test case will be executed instead of the test case body; see atf-test-case(4). Note that the test case is executed without isolation, so it can and probably will create and modify files in the current directory. To execute test cases in a controller manner, you need a runtime engine that understands the ATF interface. The recommended runtime engine is kyua(1). You should only execute test cases by hand for debugging pur- poses. In the second synopsis form, the test program will list all available test cases alongside their meta-data properties in a format that is machine parseable. This list is processed by kyua(1) to know how to execute the test cases of a given test program. The following options are available: -l Lists available test cases alongside a brief description for each of them. -r resfile Specifies the file that will receive the test case result. If not specified, the test case prints its results to stdout. If the result of a test case needs to be parsed by another program, you must use this option to redirect the result to a file and then read the resulting file from the other program. Note: do not try to process the stdout of the test case because your program may break in the future. -s srcdir The path to the directory where the test program is located. This is needed in all cases, except when the test program is being executed from the current directory. The test program will use this path to locate any helper data files or utilities. -v var=value Sets the configuration variable var to the value value. SEE ALSO
kyua(1) BSD
March 2, 2014 BSD