Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to remove duplicates without sorting Post 302159411 by pp56825 on Thursday 17th of January 2008 06:19:38 PM
Old 01-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by orahi001
Before my post I found on an older post

awk ' !x[$0]++' Infile > outFile

but it was giving syntax errors when exectued.

Then I changed awk to nawk and it worked.

thanks

try to use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

fastest way to remove duplicates.

I have searched the FAQ - by using sort, duplicates, etc.... but I didn't get any articles or results on it. Currently, I am using: sort -u file1 > file2 to remove duplicates. For a file size of 1giga byte approx. time taken to remove duplicates is 1hr 21 mins. Is there any other faster way... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hello Experts, I have two files named old and new. Below are my example files. I need to compare and print the records that only exist in my new file. I tried the below awk script, this script works perfectly well if the records have exact match, the issue I have is my old file has got extra... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to remove duplicates

Hi I need a script that removes the duplicate records and write it to a new file for example I have a file named test.txt and it looks like abcd.23 abcd.24 abcd.25 qwer.25 qwer.26 qwer.98 I want to pick only $1 and compare with the next record and the output should be abcd.23... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicates and sort

Hi, I'm using the below command to sort and remove duplicates in a file. But, i need to make this applied to the same file instead of directing it to another. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, sorting and eliminating duplicates

Hi guys! I'm trying to eliminate some duplicates from a file but I'm like this :wall: !!! My file looks like this: ID_1 0.02 ID_2 2.4e-2 ID_2 4.3.e-9 ID_3 0.003 ID_4 0.2 ID_4 0.05 ID_5 1.2e-3 What I need is to eliminate all the duplicates considering the first column (in this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabrysfe
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash - remove duplicates

I need to use a bash script to remove duplicate files from a download list, but I cannot use uniq because the urls are different. I need to go from this: http://***/fae78fe/file1.wmv http://***/39du7si/file1.wmv http://***/d8el2hd/file2.wmv http://***/h893js3/file2.wmv to this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove first duplicates

Hi All, I have searched many threads for possible close solution. But I was unable to get simlar scenario. I would like to print all duplicate based on 3rd column except the first occurance. Also would like to print if it is single entry(non-duplicate). i/P file 12 NIL ABD LON 11 NIL ABC... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybadm
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

I have a file with the following format: fields seperated by "|" title1|something class|long...content1|keys title2|somhing class|log...content1|kes title1|sothing class|lon...content1|kes title3|shing cls|log...content1|ks I want to remove all duplicates with the same "title field"(the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtdt
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and Remove duplicates

Here is my task : I need to sort two input files and remove duplicates in the output files : Sort by 13 characters from 97 Ascending Sort by 1 characters from 96 Ascending If duplicates are found retain the first value in the file the input files are variable length, convert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysvsr1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates

Hi I have a below file structure. 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611068,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 200,1245,E1,1,E1,,7611070,KWH,30, ,,,,,,,, 300,20140223,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140224,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140225,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001 300,20140226,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001,0.001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejashavele
1 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)