Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting including a library file ????? Post 302159242 by vino on Thursday 17th of January 2008 08:15:23 AM
Old 01-17-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyineyes
Whats the syntax for including a library file in a shell script?

say my shell script name is <abc.sh> and my library file is present in /user/abc/hello/fsfs/fsfsss/library.lib

Please tell how to include this library file in the shell script?????
I dont think you can include library files in a shell script. What are you trying to achieve ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a path (including ref to shell variable) from file

Hi! 1. I have a parameter file containing path to log files. For this example both paths are the same, one is stated directly and the second using env variables. /oracle/admin/orcl/bdump/:atlas:trc:N ${ORACLE_BASE}/admin/${ORACLE_SID}/bdump/:${ORACLE_SID}:trc:N 2. I try to parse the path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lojzev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission setup including execution

Oracle uses 'dbadmin' user on UNIX and one of the oracle trigger creates a file. However, it doesn't provide 'Read' & 'Write' access to 'group' & 'other' users. Per security reasons, we shouldn't use 'umask' feature. We have been trying to use 'setfacl' commands to achieve the same, but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get File Timestamp including seconds [Aix 5.3]

Is there a command (like ls -l) to get the file time stamp including seconds? The ls -l gives only the HH:MM, No SS I don't have a C compiler to call stat() I don't a command like stat too. Please help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firdousamir
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only comments while reading a file including line break characters.

How do I filter only comments and still keep Line breaks at the end of the line!? This is one of the common tasks we all do,, How can we do this in a right way..!? I try to ignore empty lines and commented lines using following approach. test.sh # \040 --> SPACE character octal... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help redirecting output to a file including errors

Need help redirecting output to a file including errors if any,I have 2 script namely push.ksh and run.ksh, I'm scp'ing push.ksh to another server and executing remotely via run.ksh, the script run.ksh runs locally but does not capture any errors in "servername.out" file (I tried testing various... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value including comma from csv file using awk

Source 1 column1 column2 column 3 column4 1,ganesh,1,000,1 222,ram,2,000,5 222,ram,50,000,5 33,raju,5,000,7 33,raju,5,000,7 33,raju,5,000,8 33,raju,5,000,4 33,raju,5,000,1 In my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (20,300), it has to be considered 1,000 as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
1 Replies
exit(1) 							   User Commands							   exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)