Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting including a library file ????? Post 302159241 by skyineyes on Thursday 17th of January 2008 08:11:19 AM
Old 01-17-2008
including a library file ?????

Whats the syntax for including a library file in a shell script?

say my shell script name is <abc.sh> and my library file is present in /user/abc/hello/fsfs/fsfsss/library.lib

Please tell how to include this library file in the shell script?????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a path (including ref to shell variable) from file

Hi! 1. I have a parameter file containing path to log files. For this example both paths are the same, one is stated directly and the second using env variables. /oracle/admin/orcl/bdump/:atlas:trc:N ${ORACLE_BASE}/admin/${ORACLE_SID}/bdump/:${ORACLE_SID}:trc:N 2. I try to parse the path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lojzev
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File permission setup including execution

Oracle uses 'dbadmin' user on UNIX and one of the oracle trigger creates a file. However, it doesn't provide 'Read' & 'Write' access to 'group' & 'other' users. Per security reasons, we shouldn't use 'umask' feature. We have been trying to use 'setfacl' commands to achieve the same, but couldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MeganP
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get File Timestamp including seconds [Aix 5.3]

Is there a command (like ls -l) to get the file time stamp including seconds? The ls -l gives only the HH:MM, No SS I don't have a C compiler to call stat() I don't a command like stat too. Please help. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firdousamir
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can I bcp out a table into a text file including the header row in the text file

Hi All, I need to BCP out a table into a text file along with the table headers. Normal BCP out command only bulk copies the data, and not the headers. I am using the following command: bcp database1..table1 out file1.dat -c -t\| -b1000 -A8192 -Uuser -Ppassword -efile.dat.err Regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to filter only comments while reading a file including line break characters.

How do I filter only comments and still keep Line breaks at the end of the line!? This is one of the common tasks we all do,, How can we do this in a right way..!? I try to ignore empty lines and commented lines using following approach. test.sh # \040 --> SPACE character octal... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error info

Hi all, How to: Run a bash script, display on the screen and save all information in a file including error information. For example: I have a bash script called test.sh now I want to run the test.sh and display the output on the screen and save the output including error info to a file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Damon sine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help redirecting output to a file including errors

Need help redirecting output to a file including errors if any,I have 2 script namely push.ksh and run.ksh, I'm scp'ing push.ksh to another server and executing remotely via run.ksh, the script run.ksh runs locally but does not capture any errors in "servername.out" file (I tried testing various... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find file and zip without including directory path

Does anyone know of a way to zip the resulting file from a find command? My approach below finds the file and zips the entire directory path, which is not what I need. After scanning the web, it seems to be much easier to perform gzip, but unfortunately the approach must use zip. find `$DIR`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koeji
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value including comma from csv file using awk

Source 1 column1 column2 column 3 column4 1,ganesh,1,000,1 222,ram,2,000,5 222,ram,50,000,5 33,raju,5,000,7 33,raju,5,000,7 33,raju,5,000,8 33,raju,5,000,4 33,raju,5,000,1 In my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (20,300), it has to be considered 1,000 as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD