Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System call in CGI not work
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System call in CGI not work Post 302159058 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 17th of January 2008 01:56:02 AM
Old 01-17-2008
Quote:
unless (system("/mypath/A.pl")) {
print "system calls failed: $!"; # not seeing this msg from browser
}
Check the perms again ( you said that it has been checked )
the print statement has to be wrapped as a line to html page,
use "<br>" tags to see the error message in the html page
What is the return code of system function call ?

One more thing, make sure, it had happened several times,
make sure of the absolute path of the filename

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

does this variable call work--Korn

I am new to the UNIX environment, but not to programming. My intention is to create a 2D array and print it. Since the Korn Shell does not support that kind of variable, the following is my solution right now. I have created a group of variables as follows: table00 table01 table02 table10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: morkfard
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

4. AIX

lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise.

On AIX 5.3 host, the lvm_queryvg call does not work properly and results in a sudden memory rise. This is happening on one particular host and the call works fine on another host. Is this a known issue and is there any patch available for this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run system command in perl cgi

Hi guys, got a problem with a perl cgi script over here. I need it to run a system command to get the status of a process. Unfortunately the process is owned by a specific user and only this user can get its status. So i tried running the command from the perl cgi with "su", but then i get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: polki
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

8. Programming

C:system call

Hi I'm studing the system call. I've written a small program that return the time spent in doing some operations. Now I'd like to write one that return the time spent in user mode of a process. I'm reading that i should use the tms struct: clock_t times(struct tms *buf); struct tms {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
2 Replies

9. AIX

Commands to call script work from command line but not from Cron entry

My first post evidently did not materialize so I posted it again: Runnning a cron job every 5 mins to send data files to a state facility. My original cron entry at worked fine: 01,06,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /home/sftpuser/stateinoc-from-appname.ksh Somewhere I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies
monodoc(1)						      General Commands Manual							monodoc(1)

NAME
monodoc - GUI Mono documentation browser SYNOPSIS
monodoc [options] DESCRIPTION
monodoc is a GTK#-based browser for viewing collected API documentation for CLI libraries installed on the system RUNTIME OPTIONS
The following options are available for browsing documentation: TOPIC Start the browser at TOPIC (ex. N:System, T:System.Object, M:System.Object.Equals, and P: for properties, F: for fields, E: for events, etc.) --help Print a brief instructions on usage --about About the monodoc browser --html TOPIC Print the HTML contents of TOPIC --make-index Create the documentation index --make-search-index Create the searchable documentation index --engine Select a browser backend (Gecko, GtkHtml, WebKit, MonoWebBrowser) The following options are available for authoring documentation: --assemble Runs the doc assembler --cs-to-ecma DOCFILE ASSEMBLY OUTPUT LIBRARY-NAME Converts C# documentation to Monodoc format --edit path Edit (unassembled) documentation at path --get-sourcesdir Prints the location of monodoc sources --merge-changes CHANGE_FILE [TARGET_DIR] --normalize Format a documentation file consistently --validate Validate the XML files SEE ALSO mono(1), mdassembler(1), mdcs2ecma(1), mdnormalizer(1), mdvalidator(1), monodocs2html(1), monodocer(1) monodoc(1)