Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls -ltr help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ls -ltr help Post 302158781 by emery on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 08:58:03 AM
Old 01-16-2008
try:
Code:
ls -ltr | grep ".log.[0-9]$"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the ls -ltr command list

Hi, THe following is the output when i run the command ls -ltr can anyone explain the meaning of the field in red -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027SASI.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca 20924 Sep 08 19:21 BTL027RITD.gnt -rw-r----- 3 orca orca ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjita.c
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -ltr, TIME DETAILS ??

when I write the command ls -ltr it shows the detail of the files. Like -rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 0 Aug 29 14:03 dspmq_temp -rwxrwxrwx 1 mqsiadm mqbrkrs 666 Aug 30 06:12 dspmq_script In this,DATE TIME is shown, Now the question is : how can I see the all the times... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing Year in ls -ltr command

Hi, When retrieving parameters of a file using ls command i need to print the year part . When i do ls -ltr the following output is displayed -rwxrwxrwx 1 d_infd d_infd 1711 Jan 8 2004 wf1.class. Here the year part is not displayed only Jan 8 is displayed. Can any one... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragugct
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse the listing (ls -ltr)

Hi, I need to parse the listing (ls -ltr) in a given directory and get a particular value to see the success or failure. e.g drwxr-xr-x 5 sensr vpnuser 512 Nov 7 07:46 disc_001811. Here i need to take the value 5 which is after drwxr-xr-x . how to so the same in shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MuthuAlagappan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

using ls -ltr : display only last four file names

Hi , Server details – Machine hardware: sun4u OS version: 5.9 Processor type: sparc Hardware: SUNW,Sun-Fire-880 When I put ls –ltr command I get – /users/testuser> ls -ltr -rw-rw-r-- 1 testuser dba 76 Jan 13 2009 ftp.scr -rwxr-xr-x 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to run ls -ltr

Hi , Whenever i try to execute ls with l as an option the system hangs. The workload on server is not more than 1. What could be the reason . Normal ls works fine but ls -l causes the system to hang. This is happening when i m in /usr/local/sbin directory. I can see that the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

7. Programming

Ls -ltr Sort multiple columns

Hi All, I have one requirement, where I need to have output of ls -l command sorted on 1) first on filename 2) last modified time ( descending ) - latest change first. I am not able to figure out how to do it.. Also I dont have a way to change Date display for ls -ltr command.. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freakabhi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ls -ltr in scripting

Hi All, I wrote below script for i in `ls` do echo "list of files $i" done but i want display as like ls -ltr,it's displaying as one column Thanks (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: bmk
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have two commands “ls -h” and “ls -ltr”. How do i make sure “ls -ltr” is run after “ls -h” is suc

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fields in the Output of ls -ltr for a directory

Could you please let me know what each of the output fields in ls -ltr for a directory imply. Example : drwxrwsr-x 4294967295 infamgr infagrp 2147549184 Sep 2 17:01 job basically would want to know 4294967295 and 2147549184 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)