Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IP and VIP listing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IP and VIP listing Post 302158665 by ivanachukapawn on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 03:59:20 AM
Old 01-16-2008
IP and VIP listing

Its been some time since I've logged on to a Unix system and I've forgotten the command which I need to use to obtain:

a list of IPs and VIPs for the host server I've logged on to.

What is this command? By the way, what command will yield a display of the IP addresses given a host name?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies
rusers(1)							   User Commands							 rusers(1)

NAME
rusers - who is logged in on remote machines SYNOPSIS
rusers [-ahilu] host... DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who(1), but for remote machines. The listing is in the order that responses are received, but this order can be changed by specifying one of the options listed below. The default is to print out the names of the users logged in. When the -l flag is given, additional information is printed for each user: userid hostname:terminal login_date login_time idle_time login_host If hostname and login host are the same value, the login_host field is not displayed. Likewise, if hostname is not idle, the idle_time is not displayed. A remote host will only respond if it is running the rusersd daemon, which may be started up from inetd(1M) or listen(1M). In the absence of a name service, such as LDAP or NIS, rusers displays host names as numeric IP addresses. OPTIONS
-a Give a report for a machine even if no users are logged on. -h Sort alphabetically by host name. -i Sort by idle time. -l Give a longer listing in the style of who(1). -u Sort by number of users. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
who(1), inetd(1M), listen(1M), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 7 Mar 2003 rusers(1)