Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting select a portion of a file into a CSV Post 302158617 by anju on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 01:04:52 AM
Old 01-16-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog74
GNU awk
Code:
awk '{
    match($0,/<LDATE>(.*)<\/LDATE>/,mldate)   
    match($0,/<LTIME>(.*)<\/LTIME>/,mltime)  
    match($0,/<LTEXT>(.*)<\/LTEXT>/,mltxt)  
    split(mltxt[1], mltext,"[;:]")    
    print mldate[1]","mltime[1]","mltext[4]   
}' "file"

when i execute this code i am getting this error
awk: syntax error near line 2
awk: illegal statement near line 2
awk: syntax error near line 3
awk: illegal statement near line 3
awk: syntax error near line 4
awk: illegal statement near line 4

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select a portion of file based on query

Hi friends :) I am having a small problem and ur help is needed... I have a long file from which i want to select only some portions after filtering (grep). My file looks like : header xxyy lmno xxyy wxyz footer header abcd xy pqrs footer . . (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk program to select a portion of a line

Hi all, I am new to awk programs.I have a file like this vjfavhjlaf<LTEXT>aabcdfffvvbbxbcddjbv</LTEXT>fAFdfdADfd vjfavhjlaf<LTEXT>aabcdfffvvbbxbcddjbv</LTEXT>fAFdfdADfd vjfavhjlaf<LTEXT>aabcdfffvvbbxbcddjbv</LTEXT>fAFdfdADfd vjfavhjlaf<LTEXT>aabcdfffvvbbxbcddjbv</LTEXT>fAFdfdADfd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select data from oracle table and save the output as csv file

Hi I need to execute a select statement in a solaris environment with oracle database. The select statement returns number of rows of data. I need the data to be inserted into a CSV file with proper format. For that we normally use "You have to select all your columns as one big string,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to append portion of a file content to another file when a certain pattern is matching?

Hi ladies and gentleman.. I have two text file with me. I need to replace one of the file content to another file if one both files have a matching pattern. Example: text1.txt: ABCD 1234567,HELLO_WORLDA,HELLO_WORLDB DCBA 3456789,HELLO_WORLDE,HELLO_WORLDF text2.txt: XXXX,ABCD... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: bananamen
25 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Select Columns from two CSV files in UNIX and create a third file based on comparision

Hi , I want to compare first 3 columns of File A and File B and create a new file File C which will have all rows from File B and will include rows that are present in File A and not in File B based on First 3 column comparison. Thanks in advance for your help. File A A,B,C,45,46... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ady_koolz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save output of updated csv file as csv file itself, part 2

Hi, I have another problem. I want to sort another csv file by the first field. result.csv SourceFile,Airspeed,GPSLatitude,GPSLongitude,Temperature,Pressure,Altitude,Roll,Pitch,Yaw /home/intannf/foto5/2015_0313_090651_219.JPG,0.,-7.77223,110.37310,30.75,996.46,148.75,180.94,182.00,63.92 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Select and copy .csv files based on row and column number

Dear UNIX experts, I'm a command line novice working on a Macintosh computer (Bash shell) and have neither found advice that is pertinent to my problem on the internet nor in this forum. I have hundreds of .csv files in a directory. Now I would like to copy the subset of files that contains... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcsapo
8 Replies
MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)						 1					      MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)

mysqli::real_escape_string  -  Escapes	special characters in a string for use in an SQL statement, taking into account the current charset of the
connection

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
string mysqli::escape_string (string $escapestr) DESCRIPTION
string mysqli::real_escape_string (string $escapestr) Procedural style string mysqli_real_escape_string (mysqli $link, string $escapestr) This function is used to create a legal SQL string that you can use in an SQL statement. The given string is encoded to an escaped SQL string, taking into account the current character set of the connection. Caution Security: the default character set The character set must be set either at the server level, or with the API function mysqli_set_charset(3) for it to affect mysqli_real_escape_string(3). See the concepts section on character sets for more information. PARAMETERS
o $ link -Procedural style only: A link identifier returned by mysqli_connect(3) or mysqli_init(3) o $escapestr - The string to be escaped. Characters encoded are NUL (ASCII 0), , , , ', ", and Control-Z. RETURN VALUES
Returns an escaped string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqli::real_escape_string example Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $mysqli->query("CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE myCity LIKE City"); $city = "'s Hertogenbosch"; /* this query will fail, cause we didn't escape $city */ if (!$mysqli->query("INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("Error: %s ", $mysqli->sqlstate); } $city = $mysqli->real_escape_string($city); /* this query with escaped $city will work */ if ($mysqli->query("INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("%d Row inserted. ", $mysqli->affected_rows); } $mysqli->close(); ?> Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } mysqli_query($link, "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE myCity LIKE City"); $city = "'s Hertogenbosch"; /* this query will fail, cause we didn't escape $city */ if (!mysqli_query($link, "INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("Error: %s ", mysqli_sqlstate($link)); } $city = mysqli_real_escape_string($link, $city); /* this query with escaped $city will work */ if (mysqli_query($link, "INSERT into myCity (Name) VALUES ('$city')")) { printf("%d Row inserted. ", mysqli_affected_rows($link)); } mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Error: 42000 1 Row inserted. NOTES
Note For those accustomed to using mysql_real_escape_string(3), note that the arguments of mysqli_real_escape_string(3) differ from what mysql_real_escape_string(3) expects. The $link identifier comes first in mysqli_real_escape_string(3), whereas the string to be escaped comes first in mysql_real_escape_string(3). SEE ALSO
mysqli_set_charset(3), mysqli_character_set_name(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_REAL_ESCAPE_STRING(3)