Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl Database access
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Database access Post 302158613 by cbkihong on Wednesday 16th of January 2008 12:47:30 AM
Old 01-16-2008
The Execute() method allows you to specify placeholder params directly, that is how I do. I think there is no need to use bind_col(), but not sure about Oracle.

Then you can use fetchrow_hashref() to get back a hash reference which carries data from the row.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

microsoft access database on Unix

Hello, I am a newborn baby to Unix and I was told that it was possible to have Microsoft Access databases on a Unix web server. I am using Perl to interface and query the Access database, which puts the information into the appropriate fields of a web page. Then updated information is submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spiderling
1 Replies

2. Programming

C program with Oracle database access

Hey, I want to access oracle database through Unix C programming.. Can you through me some light on that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with ms access database and firebird

Hi! I need to access two diferent databases allocated in a linux server through PHP. I know in the php.ini file I can't configure some parameters as odbc.default_db... but I can't configure it. I've already installed unixodbc drivers Can Anybody point me to a tutorial web o teach me how... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncatdesigner
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access to database/eval command

Hi i have the following code: if(($line!=1) and (@field!='\$')){ print ( "\nTRY TO CONNECT TO DATABASE................\n"); my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, $user, $pass); print ("CONNECTED TO DATABASE\n"); eval ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem trying to access a database

hi guys, I am using the following code in order to access a database. #!/usr/bin/perl print "READ DATA FROM DATABASE\n"; use DBI; use strict; #use DBD::Oracle; my $user='reassure'; my $pass='R3Assur3'; #my $dsn="dbi:Oracle:orcl"; my $dsn='dbi:Oracle:cobscs.world'; my $dbh =... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database access

Hell all, I have the following snippet of code: $sql=qq{select * from ( select to_char(t.start_time_timestamp,'yyyy/mm/dd hh24:mi:ss') start_time,t.s_p_number_address, null cos_icsa_code, null cos_icsa_subcode from cc_unrated_msc_flow t union select... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Access database over internet, help

Hi! :D I'm new here, and I will appreciate all the help you can give. This is the problem we are trying to solve at my office. At office 1 we have SCO UNIX 5.0.can't remember last number. On it runs database software on which we input/read/modify data throughout terminal software, on remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PNemesis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

using unix scripts database access

i want to access database (sql script) within a unix script. help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamaraa
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access to a database

Hello all, is it possible to write a script in order to connect to a database, load data in a specific domain and execute the corresponding command? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies

10. AIX

No Suitable Driver for MS Access database

Hi, I am running a JDBC:ODBC code to access .mdb file in my windows system successfully but, not able to access MS Access mdb file in AIX Unix box. when I am trying to run the same piece of code in AIX Unix box it is saying "No Suitable Driver". I need some immediate help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thirunp
0 Replies
MySQL::Diff::Table(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   MySQL::Diff::Table(3pm)

NAME
MySQL::Diff::Table - Table Definition Class SYNOPSIS
use MySQL::Diff::Table my $db = MySQL::Diff::Database->new(%options); my $def = $db->def(); my $name = $db->name(); my $field = $db->field(); my $fields = $db->fields(); # %$fields my $primary_key = $db->primary_key(); my $indices = $db->indices(); # %$indices my $options = $db->options(); my $isfield = $db->isa_field($field); my $isprimary = $db->isa_primary($field); my $isindex = $db->isa_index($field); my $isunique = $db->is_unique($field); my $isfulltext = $db->is_fulltext($field); DESCRIPTION
Parses a table definition into component parts. METHODS
Constructor new( %options ) Instantiate the objects, providing the command line options for database access and process requirements. Public Methods Fuller documentation will appear here in time :) o def Returns the table definition as a string. o name Returns the name of the current table. o field Returns the current field definition of the given field. o fields Returns an array reference to a list of fields. o primary_key Returns a hash reference to fields used as primary key fields. o indices Returns a hash reference to fields used as index fields. o options Returns the additional options added to the table definition. o isa_field Returns 1 if given field is used in the current table definition, otherwise returns 0. o isa_primary Returns 1 if given field is defined as a primary key, otherwise returns 0. o isa_index Returns 1 if given field is used as an index field, otherwise returns 0. o is_unique Returns 1 if given field is used as unique index field, otherwise returns 0. o is_fulltext Returns 1 if given field is used as fulltext index field, otherwise returns 0. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2000-2011 Adam Spiers. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
mysqldiff, MySQL::Diff, MySQL::Diff::Database, MySQL::Diff::Utils AUTHOR
Adam Spiers <mysqldiff@adamspiers.org> perl v5.14.2 2012-04-06 MySQL::Diff::Table(3pm)