Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic MD5 Question
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Basic MD5 Question Post 302158504 by reborg on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 02:41:11 PM
Old 01-15-2008
Yes, provided the data in the file is the same the checksum is the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

I have some basic doubts. Can someone clarify in this forum? 1)if then eval ' tset -s -Q -m ':?hp' ' else eval ' tset -s -Q ' what does it exactly mean in .profile? 2) what are 'nobody' and 'noaccess' usernames in /etc/passwd file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

hey...when i type who...what does "pts" field mean??? eg pts 0 etc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urwannabefriend
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic perl question

Hi, I was jus goin through a ebook on perl....it says u get binary installation for both unix and windows.....doesnt perl come already bundeled with unix ?cause i never installed any perl from binary........but i am able to execute perl programs...... Thanks and Regards Vivek.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very Basic Question

How to know if my AIX 5.2 is running at 64bits? THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really basic question....

Hello all. Let me start off by saying I know a little more then it seems by me asking this question... here goes I have an old 486 box and I want to start messing around with unix. I've been taking classes for 3 or 4 years in c programming in unix, so I am used to the commands and such, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robherms
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Basic OS question

Could someone tell me the command to find out the OS version which will give 12 character not the 9 characters(which is usually machine id). uname -i gives machine id and uname -a is more comprehensive way to look. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic question

hi, I have a basic question,, i am in a directory called /intas/OCU_3.9.1/sbin ocuut1@france>mv itsa_tcs itsa_tcs_old mv: itsa_tcs_old: rename: Permission denied i am logging as the owner of the file. when i am doing this i am getting the above error of permission denied. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic nc question

i'm doing this in one terminal: nc -lu 7402 and it appears to start listening properly, then in another i do this: echo "hello" | nc -u localhost 7402 and nothing happens on the listening terminal - what am i doing wrong? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterworth
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies
gnutls_ia_verify_endphase(3)					      gnutls					      gnutls_ia_verify_endphase(3)

NAME
gnutls_ia_verify_endphase - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/extra.h> int gnutls_ia_verify_endphase(gnutls_session_t session, const char * checksum); ARGUMENTS
gnutls_session_t session is a gnutls_session_t structure. const char * checksum 12-byte checksum data, received from gnutls_ia_recv(). DESCRIPTION
Verify TLS/IA end phase checksum data. If verification fails, the GNUTLS_A_INNER_APPLICATION_VERIFICATION alert is sent to the other sie. This function is called when gnutls_ia_recv() return GNUTLS_E_WARNING_IA_IPHF_RECEIVED or GNUTLS_E_WARNING_IA_FPHF_RECEIVED. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on successful verification, or an error code. If the checksum verification of the end phase message fails, GNUTLS_E_IA_VER- IFY_FAILED is returned. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_ia_verify_endphase(3)