Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh and hex numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh and hex numbers Post 302158500 by JamesByars on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 02:36:51 PM
Old 01-15-2008
thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Req on how to convert hex numbers to decimals

Hi, If i have an input as c1:41 c2:0x0000.00046b3e I want to make output display as c1:41 c2:224062 . Basically convert first part 0x0000 (as hex) to decimal which is 0 and convert second part 0x00046b3e (as hex) to decimal which is 289598 and as such add both parts namely... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hare
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh/awk help - output missing numbers

Here is what I am trying to do: I have a list of numbers that I pulled from an awk command in a column like so: 1 3 4 7 8 I want to find which numbers in the list are missing out of a range. So let's say I want to find out from the list above which numbers are missing from the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: afavis
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert hex numbers to decimal ?

Hi, please tell me how to convert hex number to decimal 000000E7 000000000002640D 0000000000025B16 and seconds to minutes, hours, days, months, years bytes to kbytes, mbytes , gbytes read the following examples while read a b do printf "%5d %5d\n" "0x$a" "0x$b" done < "$FILE"... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
15 Replies

4. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

5. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range of numbers in HEX using AWK

Hi , How do i found out all the number in a range ( HEX) for example Input is 15CF:15D2 Output needed 15CF 15D0 15D1 15D2 Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Hex - KSH

Hello, I woild like to convert hex on KSH not BASH: I tried to use: tmp=31 printf "\x"${tmp}"" it works on bash - Output is '1' but not on ksh. please advice on the right syntax. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping a string of numbers between higher and lower order values(HEX)

I have this below string in a variable cutString=21222222222222222122222222222222 this string is nothing but hex values depicted as below 21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22:21:22:22:22:22:22:22:22 so what i want to achieve is swap the lower order with higher order values in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Arithmetic syntax error while comparing decimal numbers

Hello, I am having a problem when i execute following script on RHEL 6.4. Same script works fine on another machine where I have same version of RHEL and KSH. Below is the rpm and RHEL version. ossvm12(0)> rpm -qa | grep ksh ksh-20100621-19.el6.x86_64 ossvm12(0)> cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adithya Gokhale
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : split hex number group

Hi, sry for poor english I have a group of hex number as : 4D40:4D42 I want so split this group in a list as : 4D40,4D41,4D42 i don't know how i can do this in ksh Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jocazh
5 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)