Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Software Releases - RSS News Slackware Interactive Boot Scripts 12.0.0-6 (Default branch) Post 302158375 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 06:40:07 AM
Old 01-15-2008
Slackware Interactive Boot Scripts 12.0.0-6 (Default branch)

ImageslakbootIBS (Slackware Interactive Boot Scripts)is an enhanced set of replacement boot scripts forthe Slackware Linux distribution. It includes aset of control and dispatch tools for configuringand booting with colorized interactive scripts.The new boot process allows the operator to selector skip start-up components in realtime. Itfacilitates debugging of startup problems andallows operators to maintain a common baseline tosupport several local configurations or multipleservers with a single set of scripts.License: Free for non-commercial useChanges:
A new release of the emit (shell or GUI) interactive screen prompts and rendering engine was included. The rc.M and rc.inet2 scripts were upgraded to add better hotplug support with cleaner HAL/udev daemon startup logic. The new boot time interactive scripts can now support a wider range of customized Slackware configurations.Image

More...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating interactive scripts

Hi all, I am trying to write a program that will automate interactive scripts that use 'pkgadd'. Easily enough I can use 'pkgask' and a response file for most of what I want to do, but unfortunately there are parts of some pkg installations that are configured to only take input from /dev/tty!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookoo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive scripts for Oracle

Hello friends, I am a ORACLE user, we have some internal database file, lets say "demo.config" and an internal tool to patch this file....lets call that tool as "dbfixer". We have 100's-1000's of such files "demo.config" which need to get patched by the tool. So we need to write a script ...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Newbie456267uni
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Interactive PXE Boot Menu

I have been asked to modify our PXE server such that there will be only one entry in the pxelinux.cfg/default file, where the same kernel and initrd.img will be used regardless of what operating system is to be installed, and the user will type in the path to the kickstart file that will be used. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ceb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

interactive scripts with user input that includes quotes

I'm writing a basic ldapsearch script that prompts the user for their search criteria. The input they're being asked for is the search filter portion of the ldapsearch command. This string must be quoted. When the script executes the command it returns nothing. If I hard code a search filter it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donniemac
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash interactive scripts

i have a script that contains: script.sh #!/bin/bash echo -e "\t\t\t0. Exit" echo -e "\t\t\t1. Help" echo -e "\t\t\t2. Notes" echo -e "\t\t\t3. Classes" echo "${newline}" echo -n -e "\t Please enter option number : " read Type case $Type in 1) clear ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying interactive scripts

so for the purposes of this thread, interactive scripts are shell scripts that prompts for a response from a user and then waits for the user to enter a response before proceeding. now, from my understanding of this, the one common string i can expect to find in all interactive scripts is some... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash -c interactive scripts

i have to run the following script through a pipe: script.sh: #!/bin/bash echo "Hello World" echo -e "The \033 here's how its currently being run: bash -c "$(cat script.sh)" This is an interactive script. the problem is, when i run it this way, if you go to another terminal and... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Slackware

Sbin/agetty loop Prevents Boot of Slackware 12.1 Fileserver

HI everyone, Nice to meet you all. I recently rebooted Slackware 12.1 running on a Dell PowerEdge 2400. after 240 days of continuous run-time, and discovered it gets stuck in a sbin/agetty loop. We were rebooting because trying to mount root in webmin broke a bunch of things. Couldn't even get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5pac3m0nk3y
3 Replies
CCD2ISO(1)							   User Commands							CCD2ISO(1)

NAME
ccd2iso - convert IMG format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
ccd2iso [FOO.IMG] [BAR.ISO] DESCRIPTION
ccd2iso converts FOO.IMG to ISO format and writes the result to BAR.ISO. If fewer arguments than expected are given, ccd2iso will print its help message and quit. If more arguments than expected are given, ccd2iso will silently ignore them and use only the first two argu- ments. IMG files are raw-data copies of optical media, generated primarily by the Windows application CloneCD, and are primarily used to store CDs with odd properties, such as sectors which need to have read errors when read. Conversion to ISO format removes this information, as ISO format does not support this. IMG files almost always include a SUB file, which contains additional data for the disc format, and a CCD file, which is a plaintext con- figuration file describing the disc layout. ccd2iso does not make use of these files, but the applications which generate them expect them to have the same FOO prefix as the IMG file. LIMITATIONS
ccd2iso currently only copies the first session of multisession discs, as well as outputting a harmless warning of Unrecognized sector mode. ccd2iso utterly ignores the additional data in CCD or SUB files. SEE ALSO
mdf2iso(1), nrg2iso(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Rich Ercolani <rercola@acm.jhu.edu>, for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but it may, of course, be used by others), because the original program lacked a manual page. It may be distributed under the same terms as ccd2iso, the GNU GPL version 2 or later, at your option. ccd2iso 0.3 June 2006 CCD2ISO(1)