Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Very urgent :- How to compare string using if statement Post 302158014 by reborg on Monday 14th of January 2008 02:41:03 AM
Old 01-14-2008
jisha,

I suggest you take some time to read the rules of these forums. Neither cross-porting nor bumping of posts is allowed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

[urgent need help]compare data

hi all, very need help urgently :( i have a problem compare 2 files from solaris, the 2 files its shown below: data1.log : 6512345678 6512345677 20070131 073824 420 6511111111 6522222222 20070131 103747 87 6522222222 6233333333 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

open 2 files and compare values script - urgent

Hi gurus I have two csv files that are outputs. The file contains data similar to s.no,number1,number2,date1 -------------------------------- 1, a123,482.29,11/28/07 13:00 2,a124,602.7,9/24/07 14:00 3,a125,266.93,10/9/07 16.48 4,a126,785.15,11/14/07 16:08 <file 2> s.no name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inkyponky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two file (please help me it's deadly urgent)

I have many files with info about soft, installed on remote machines. I need to compare this file with template (soft than must be installed) and output file must content info about software that's not installed. template.txt software_name1 software_name2 software_name3.1 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cintlt
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a string in perl - Urgent

Hi, Can anyone help me to replace ='is NOT NULL' to is NOT NULL in perl. I tried all the methods which i know, i didnt arrive at the solution. please help!! ---------- Post updated at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:56 PM ---------- I got it.......! Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement to evaluate string and compare

I have the following simplified code that I am planning on putting into a larger shell script. I have been butchering it to try and make work amongst google searches and reading awk documentation. amixer sset Master toggle | awk '{ if ( /^ Front Left/ { print $7 } == // ) print "MUTED" }'I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

!!VERY URGENT!! Trouble in getting user input, while using under CASE statement in UNIX

i want to get user input like this please tell which option to chose 1. mango 2. tango 3. rango if user chooses mango then it should execute a set of statements and again ask like this what do you want to do 1.add 2.subtract 3.exit when i choose exit it should goto my previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare strings with space in if statement

DEV> vi test_if_statement.sh "test_if_statement.sh" 9 lines, 205 characters proc_out="Normal completion" proc_out_comp="Normal completion" echo 'proc_out:'$proc_out echo 'proc_out_comp:'$proc_out_comp if then echo 'match' else echo 'no_match' fi ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cartrider
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If statement to compare two strings

Hi, I am trying to do the following to see if "ip" is already present in a file. if ; then echo "hi" else echo "hello" fi I am seeing errors on the if statement. Can someone please correct the syntax for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waince
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with an IF statement to compare a list of SHA keys between two repositories.

Hello. My first time here. What I am trying to do is this. FileA is located on a web server FileB is located on local storage Both files contain a large list of information of not only SHA keys but versions, and other information. I need a statement that can compare between FileA... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Query
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Concatenate a string and number and compare that with another string in awk script

I have below code inside my awk script if ( $0 ~ /SVC IN:/ ) { svc_in=substr( $0,23 , 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) { msg_arr=$0; } } else if ( $0 ~ /^SVC OUT:/ ) { svc_out=substr( $0, 9, 3); if (msg_start == 1 && msg_end == 0) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
6 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)