Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unexpected EOF
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users unexpected EOF Post 302157620 by shamrock on Friday 11th of January 2008 01:26:46 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by manna
echo 'ymd='date +%Y%m%d' >> $LOG_FILE
Take out all the single ticks and put $(...) around the date command.

Code:
echo ymd=$(date +%Y%m%d) >> $LOG_FILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar: write error: unexpected EOF

I am taring to disk and get this message: tar: write error: unexpected EOF This message is normally associated with tape devices, not disk. Here is the syntax: tar -cf <tarfilename> /dir Have you seen this message on disk tars? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabe
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar:read error: unexpected EOF

I need archive data from some tar files. I use the command "tar xvf filename". For about half of the files I get the error message "tar:read error: unexpected EOF". The number of bytes extracted comes very close to the size of the tar file. An example: 972434779 Jan 10 01:01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikeruth
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected EOF

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please enter if its sinle player game... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stuck with Unexpected EOF

Hi, i have a script as below. i'm using sun solaris 10. Script : #! /bin/sh load() { find /stage_area/loadfiles/telsims/test/ -type f -name "*$1" -print > /tmp/testfile.txt fc=`cat /tmp/testfile.txt | wc -l | sed 's/ //g'` if ; then echo " Files Not Avaliable" exit else... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected EOF : BASH

i'm writing a bash script that uploads a file to my server but it keeps saying unexpected EOF... i cannot see the problem with it, and it worked before i edited the script to work on my ipod touch as well. Here is the troublsome code... if ; then tar -czf "file(Mac).tar.gz" "/folder" >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DuskFall
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unexpected EOF in .profile

When opening a new window under Terminal, got that message: Last login: Sun Oct 30 10:35:12 on ttys000 -bash: /Users/MyName/.profile: line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file I tried several clues like using BBedit or emacs to get rid of it, nothing does. Maybe shell commands cut or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

eof unexpected while looking[...]

Hello I use opensuse build service to build packages (oh surprise !) I have integrate a command in a spec whose worked and now this exit with: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' Command: if \.").mk ]; then ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk \ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posophe
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)