Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulation of Date in Shell Post 302157603 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of January 2008 12:16:59 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Have you looked in the FAQ for 'Date Arithmetic'? There is a datecalc script by Perderabo that does what you need....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Time/date manipulation

hey folks, been awhile (actaully a long while) since i last touched C. And the 3 books i've read don't really have much about using time.h Question: How would i be able to assign a variable the value of the current date minus 2 mths, keeping in mind the yr. IE. would like to see Nov.31/2001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: choice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

I'm writing a ksh script in which I want to present the user with a choice of choosing any of the last 15 days. i.e., a list like the following: 20040510 (today) 20040509 (yesterday) 20040508 . . . 20040426 Is there an easy way to produce the date from x number of days ago other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I need to achieve the following.....I seached the forum but could not find it... This is I have in a file... "CH","TIA","10/27/2006",000590 I need the date in the third field to be attached to fileas 20061027_test.txt How do I do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

HI, I'm comparing my file date with the system date and if both the dates are equal I'm doing some operation. I use two variables for these two dates. I use the following command in my query. if .... But here the current date $cd shows 01 and filedate $fdate shows 1. The file is created on 1 of ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

Hi Gurus, How to minus 15 minuets from current system time. For example if current time is " Wed Oct 14 12:12:38 BST 2009", i need "Wed Oct 14 11:57:38 BST 2009" Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

How can i print a future time, so i get current time by date "+%H:M" but how can i say add 20 minutes to the current time and display as I have just done for current time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I have a file with a field containing the following: "7/3/2009 7:07:12 PM","xxxx" I need to be able to split this field up into two into a different format with the time being converted into 24 hour: so that i can get the following: "20090307","19:07:12","xxxx" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

In my shell script I take date as a input parameter from command line in the format "21 Oct 2011" which would be date +'%d %b %Y' Now i need to do two things here. 1) Validate the date entered by user 2) Calculate yesterday's date from the input. So in this case it should be: "20 Oct 2011"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Date manipulation

Hi Experts, i have date as inputdate=01/01/2013,how to get the previous date from this date and also first day's date of the month. example: inputdate=01/06/2013 previousdate=31/05/2013 firstdate=01/05/2013 how can i get solution to this. my unix is not supporting GNU Dates ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date-Manipulation-1

Hallo Team I can perform the task manually but i would like to automate this process. ok here goes. I have a perl script which runs every Wednesday every week and the name of the script is check_19.pl This is how the script looks like : #!/usr/bin/perl -w #use strict; use DBI; #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies
WWW::CNic::Response::DomainList(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      WWW::CNic::Response::DomainList(3pm)

NAME
WWW::CNic::Response::DomainList - a WWW::CNic response object for domain lists. SYNOPSIS
use WWW::CNic; my $query = WWW::CNic->new( OPTIONS ); my $response = $query->execute(); DESCRIPTION
Response module for domain list requests via the CentralNic Toolkit (http://toolkit.centralnic.com/). This module inherits most of its methods from the base class, WWW::CNic::Response. METHODS
$response->domains(); Returns an array containing all the domains that match the query. $response->regdate($domain); Returns a Unix timestamp corresponding to the registration date of the domain. $response->expirydate($domain); Returns a Unix timestamp corresponding to the expiry date of the domain. $response->status($domain); Returns a string containing the current status of the domain, for example: 'Live', 'Pending Deletion'. COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2011 CentralNic Ltd. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o http://toolkit.centralnic.com/ o WWW::CNic::Response o WWW::CNic perl v5.12.3 2011-05-13 WWW::CNic::Response::DomainList(3pm)