Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Manipulation of Date in Shell Post 302157603 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of January 2008 12:16:59 PM
Old 01-11-2008
Have you looked in the FAQ for 'Date Arithmetic'? There is a datecalc script by Perderabo that does what you need....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Time/date manipulation

hey folks, been awhile (actaully a long while) since i last touched C. And the 3 books i've read don't really have much about using time.h Question: How would i be able to assign a variable the value of the current date minus 2 mths, keeping in mind the yr. IE. would like to see Nov.31/2001... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: choice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

I'm writing a ksh script in which I want to present the user with a choice of choosing any of the last 15 days. i.e., a list like the following: 20040510 (today) 20040509 (yesterday) 20040508 . . . 20040426 Is there an easy way to produce the date from x number of days ago other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I need to achieve the following.....I seached the forum but could not find it... This is I have in a file... "CH","TIA","10/27/2006",000590 I need the date in the third field to be attached to fileas 20061027_test.txt How do I do it. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

date manipulation

HI, I'm comparing my file date with the system date and if both the dates are equal I'm doing some operation. I use two variables for these two dates. I use the following command in my query. if .... But here the current date $cd shows 01 and filedate $fdate shows 1. The file is created on 1 of ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstanand
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

Hi Gurus, How to minus 15 minuets from current system time. For example if current time is " Wed Oct 14 12:12:38 BST 2009", i need "Wed Oct 14 11:57:38 BST 2009" Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

How can i print a future time, so i get current time by date "+%H:M" but how can i say add 20 minutes to the current time and display as I have just done for current time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Manipulation

I have a file with a field containing the following: "7/3/2009 7:07:12 PM","xxxx" I need to be able to split this field up into two into a different format with the time being converted into 24 hour: so that i can get the following: "20090307","19:07:12","xxxx" (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date manipulation

In my shell script I take date as a input parameter from command line in the format "21 Oct 2011" which would be date +'%d %b %Y' Now i need to do two things here. 1) Validate the date entered by user 2) Calculate yesterday's date from the input. So in this case it should be: "20 Oct 2011"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Date manipulation

Hi Experts, i have date as inputdate=01/01/2013,how to get the previous date from this date and also first day's date of the month. example: inputdate=01/06/2013 previousdate=31/05/2013 firstdate=01/05/2013 how can i get solution to this. my unix is not supporting GNU Dates ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date-Manipulation-1

Hallo Team I can perform the task manually but i would like to automate this process. ok here goes. I have a perl script which runs every Wednesday every week and the name of the script is check_19.pl This is how the script looks like : #!/usr/bin/perl -w #use strict; use DBI; #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kekanap
1 Replies
Test::MockTime::DateCalc(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Test::MockTime::DateCalc(3pm)

NAME
Test::MockTime::DateCalc -- fake time for Date::Calc functions SYNOPSIS
use Test::MockTime; use Test::MockTime::DateCalc; # before Date::Calc loads # ... use My::Module::Using::Date::Calc; DESCRIPTION
"Test::MockTime::DateCalc" arranges for the functions in "Date::Calc" to follow the Perl level "time" function (see perlfunc), and in particular any fake date/time set there by "Test::MockTime". The following "Date::Calc" functions are changed System_Clock Today Now Today_and_Now This_Year Gmtime Localtime Timezone Time_to_Date "Gmtime", "Localtime", "Timezone" and "Time_to_Date" are made to default to the Perl-level current "time". When called with an explicit time argument they're unchanged. Module Load Order "Test::MockTime" or similar fakery must be loaded first, before anything with a "time()" call, which includes "Test::MockTime::DateCalc". This is the same as all "CORE::GLOBAL" overrides, see "OVERRIDING CORE FUNCTIONS" in CORE. "Test::MockTime::DateCalc" must be loaded before "Date::Calc". If "Date::Calc" is already loaded then its functions might have been imported into other modules and such imports are not affected by the redefinitions made. For that reason "Test::MockTime::DateCalc" demands it be the one to load "Date::Calc" for the first time. Usually this simply means having "Test::MockTime::DateCalc" at the start of a test script, before the things you're going to test. use strict; use warnings; use Test::MockTime ':all'; use Test::MockTime::DateCalc; use My::Foo::Bar; set_fixed_time('1981-01-01T00:00:00Z'); is (My::Foo::Bar::something(), 1981); restore_time(); In a test script it's often good to have your own modules early to check they correctly load their pre-requisites. You might want a separate test script for that so you don't accidentally rely on "Test::MockTime::DateCalc" loading "Date::Calc" for you. Other Faking Modules "Test::MockTime::DateCalc" can be used with other modules which mangle the Perl-level "time" too. For example "Time::Fake", use Time::Fake; # fakery first use Test::MockTime::DateCalc; Or "Time::Mock", use Time::Mock; # fakery first use Test::MockTime::DateCalc; "Time::Warp" (as of version 0.5) only exports a new "time", it's not a core override and so can't be used with "Test::MockTime::DateCalc". SEE ALSO
Date::Calc, Test::MockTime, Time::Fake, Time::Mock faketime(1) HOME PAGE
http://user42.tuxfamily.org/test-mocktime-datecalc/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2009, 2010 Kevin Ryde Test-MockTime-DateCalc is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version. Test-MockTime-DateCalc is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Test-MockTime-DateCalc. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. perl v5.10.1 2010-09-15 Test::MockTime::DateCalc(3pm)