Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: $i
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $i Post 302157600 by DNAx86 on Friday 11th of January 2008 11:59:40 AM
Old 01-11-2008
Question $i

Hi,

I tryed to do this part of script:

while (( i <= $# ))
do
echo $i
echo '$'$i

case $i in #or $$i
"-p")
echo -p
((i += 1))
if test $i == "-d"
then
echo Error
exit 1
fi
((i -= 1));;

"-d")
;;

"-min")
;;

"-max")
;;
esac

((i += 1)) #C style
done

I write this script thinking that $i or $$i will be interpreted like a $1, $2,.. the parameters

But this isn't what the script do.

How can I edit it to make what I want?

Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)