Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with data extraction script Post 302156879 by mam on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 10:53:49 AM
Old 01-09-2008
Hello,
ranjithpr,snowline and ghostdog74,
Thank you for your reply.I will try to implement soon.
Also,it looks like I was not clear ,here is the really scenario:
Code:
text file
 A:Washington,B:Paris,D:London,C:Cape Town,E:Copenhagen,F:Mumbai
 The problem is on this part here:

CITY1:`echo "$text" | grep "A:" |awk '{print $0 }'`
 CITY2:`echo "$text" | grep "B:" |awk '{print $0 }'`
 CITY3:`echo "$text" | grep "C:" |awk '{print $0 }'`
 CITY4:`echo "$text" | grep "D:" |awk '{print $0 }'`
 CITY5:`echo "$text" | grep "E:" |awk '{print $0 }'`
 CITY6:`echo "$text" | grep "F:" |awk '{print $0 }'`

if [ "$SQL_PASSWORD" != "" ]; then
     SQL_ARGS="-p$SQL_PASSWORD";
     else
     SQL_ARGS="";

fi

SQL_ARGS="-h $SQL_HOST -u $SQL_USER $SQL_ARGS -D $SQL_DATABASE -s -e"

mysql $SQL_ARGS  " insert into $SQL_TABLE(city1,city2,city3,city4,city5,city6) values
(\"CITY1\",\"$CITY2\",\"$CITY3\",\"$CITY4\",\"$CITY5\",\"$CITY6");";

Thank you again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction issue.

I have a small problem, I have written a following script, which extracts all the rows from source file which strats with T101 and rights it to another file mydata.dat Script my_script #!/bin/ksh YMONTH=$1 dir1='/home/data' dir2='/clients/source_file' cd $dir1 grep "T101"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irehman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction From a File

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to search the file with some text say "Exception". This exception word can be repeated for more then 10 times. Suppose the "Exception" word is repeated at line numbers say x=10, 50, 60, 120. Now I want to extract all the lines starting from x-5 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrangaraju
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another data extraction question

Hi, I have a tmp file like below: <ADATA> ANUM=900 ADESC=Saving ATYP=0 TXREGD=0 </ADATA> <ADATA> ANUM=890 ADESC=Saving ATYP=0 ABAL=9000 TXREGD=1 </ADATA> <ADATA> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunigirib
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selective extraction of data from a files

Hi, I would like to seek for methods to do selective extraction of line froma file. The scenario as follows: I have a file with content: message a received on 11:10:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc message b received on 11:20:00 file size: 10 bytes send by abc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from xml file

I have an of xml file as shown below <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ASCII' standalone='yes' ?> <Station Index="10264" > <Number Value="237895890" /> <Position Lat="-29.5" Lon="3.5" /> <MaxDepth Value="-4939" /> <VeloLines Count="24"> <VeloLine Index="0" > <Depth... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction problem in perl

Hello, I want to extract the words from a file which starts with SRD-R or SRD-DR. I have written a script which is able to trace the word but it is printing the whole line. sub extract_SRD_tag{ my ($tag, $app, $path, @data, $word ); $path = shift; $app = shift; open (FILE, $path) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from a file

Hi Freinds, I have a file1.txt in the following format File1.txt I want to get 2 files from the above file filextra.txt should have the lines which are ending with "<" and remaining lines in the filecompare.txt file. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help for data extraction if files

Hello all, I want to extract some particular data from a files and than add all the values . but i m not able to cut the particular word(USU-INOCT and USU-OUTOCT) as it is coming not in column. and than able to add values coming in it . can anyone help me Please cat <file name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anamdev
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .xml file

Hello, I'm attempting to extract 13 digit numbers beginning with 978 from a data file with the following command: awk '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if($i ~ /^978/) print $i; }' datafile > outfile This typically works. However, the new data file is an .xml file, and this command is no longer working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies
OSACOMPILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					     OSACOMPILE(1)

NAME
osacompile -- compile AppleScripts and other OSA language scripts SYNOPSIS
osacompile [-l language] [-e command] [-o name] [-d] [-r type:id] [-t type] [-c creator] [-x] [-s] [-u] [-a arch] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
osacompile compiles the given files, or standard input if none are listed, into a single output script. Files may be plain text or other compiled scripts. The options are as follows: -l language Override the language for any plain text files. Normally, plain text files are compiled as AppleScript. -e command Enter one line of a script. Script commands given via -e are prepended to the normal source, if any. Multiple -e options may be given to build up a multi-line script. Because most scripts use characters that are special to many shell programs (e.g., AppleScript uses single and double quote marks, ``('', ``)'', and ``*''), the command will have to be correctly quoted and escaped to get it past the shell intact. -o name Place the output in the file name. If -o is not specified, the resulting script is placed in the file ``a.scpt''. The value of -o partly determines the output file format; see below. -x Save the resulting script as execute-only. The following options are only relevant when creating a new bundled applet or droplet: -s Stay-open applet. -u Use startup screen. -a arch Create the applet or droplet for the specified target architecture arch. The allowable values are ``ppc'', ``i386'', and ``x86_64''. The default is to create a universal binary. The following options control the packaging of the output file. You should only need them for compatibility with classic Mac OS or for cus- tom file formats. -d Place the resulting script in the data fork of the output file. This is the default. -r type:id Place the resulting script in the resource fork of the output file, in the specified resource. -t type Set the output file type to type, where type is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. -c creator Set the output file creator to creator, where creator is a four-character code. If this option is not specified, the creator code will not be set. If no options are specified, osacompile produces a Mac OS X format script file: data fork only, with no type or creator code. If the -o option is specified and the file does not already exist, osacompile uses the filename extension to determine what type of file to create. If the filename ends with ``.app'', it creates a bundled applet or droplet. If the filename ends with ``.scptd'', it creates a bun- dled compiled script. Otherwise, it creates a flat file with the script data placed according to the values of the -d and -r options. EXAMPLES
To produce a script compatible with classic Mac OS: osacompile -r scpt:128 -t osas -c ToyS example.applescript SEE ALSO
osascript(1), osalang(1) Mac OS X November 12, 2008 Mac OS X