Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search for network services
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Search for network services Post 302156847 by coachgt1 on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 09:16:05 AM
Old 01-09-2008
Awesome information. Thank you guys for the help. I am going to work on this later today so I will post back if I have additional questions. Thanks again for helping out a newbie.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long Delay if any with network services

While installing a firewall, I was pinging the interface from SCO 5.0.6 Openserver box, while no response, I hit "DEL" to cancel, but no cancel. Then all of a sudden I get BOO-KOO traffic lights on HUB and Switch.... Then a kernel trap error. System froze... Proceeded with a cold boot. Now I have... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nashvillek5
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6 how do you stop and start the network services? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I get network services

Hi Is there a cmd in hpux 11 to get the network services the network services must display "Listen" like command netstat -an |grep Listen and display the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix at the same time my request can not use lsof -i command,not to install any extral... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Oracle network services

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine. -bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51 Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhaliq22
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor some of network services

Hi I want to write a script for netflow service because my service doesnt send any packet to netflow walker (server). Although the service is started but it does not send any packet to server until i restart the service I want to write a script in order to restart the service... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsen1366
7 Replies

7. Debian

How do i correct restart network-services in Debian?

Hello, I would like to do follow steps. Set a static IP-Adress on eth0 (For Testing) Set DHCP on eth0 All steps should be done without a single reboot. /etc/network/interfaces iface eth0 inet static address 192.0.2.7/24 gateway 192.0.2.254How do i perform... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
3 Replies
slrnpull(1)							   User Manuals 						       slrnpull(1)

NAME
slrnpull - Pull a small newsfeed for offline reading. SYNOPSIS
slrnpull [-d spooldir] [-h server] [--debug file] [--expire] [--fetch-score n] [--help] [--kill-log file] [--kill-score n] [--logfile file] [--marked-bodies] [--new-groups] [--no-post] [--post] [--post-only] [--rebuild] [--version] DESCRIPTION
slrnpull pulls a small newsfeed from an NNTP server. It puts the articles into a spool directory from which slrn can later read them, even if the server is unreachable at that time. Typically, this is useful if you do not have a permanent network connection. OPTIONS
The following options can be used when calling slrnpull from the command line. -d spooldir Set slrnpull's root directory for this run to spooldir, overriding the $SLRNPULL_ROOT environment variable. -h host[:port] Connect to the NNTP server on host, overriding the $NNTPSERVER environment variable. If no port is given, the default NNTP port (119) will be used. --debug file Write dialogue with the server and some additional debugging output to file. --expire Expire (remove) old messages from the spool, but do not fetch news. --fetch-score n Fetch article bodies with a score of at least n automatically (in true offline mode, the default is to fetch only bodies that were explicitly marked by the user). --help Show help for command line switches. --kill-log file Keep a log of all articles that were killed by the scorefile in file. By default, no such logfile is created. --kill-score n Kill all articles with a score below n. The default value for this is 0. --logfile file Log the messages and errors that slrnpull prints to the screen to file. By default, they get written to the file log in slrnpull's root directory. --marked-bodies Only fetch bodies that were marked for download within slrn. --new-groups Check for new groups, appending them to the file new.groups in the data directory. --no-post Do not post any articles to the server. --post Obsolete version of --post-only. --post-only Post outgoing articles, but do not fetch news. --rebuild Like --expire, but also rebuild the overview information. To be used when the overview information is damaged. --version Print the version number. ENVIRONMENT
slrnpull reads the following environment variables. Note that they can be overridden by command line switches. NNTPSERVER You can use this variable to tell slrnpull which NNTP server to connect to. It can be overridden by the command line option -h. SLRNPULL_ROOT Defines the directory where slrnpull will look for its configuration files and spool the articles. An absolute filename is needed here. This can be overriden by the option -d. FILES
$SLRNPULL_ROOT/authinfo If the server requires authentication, this file needs to contain the data (username in the first line, password in the second). Be careful not to make this file world-readable! $SLRNPULL_ROOT/log The default file to log status and error messages to. $SLRNPULL_ROOT/score If you want slrnpull to apply scoring rules to decide which articles to download, put them into this file. $SLRNPULL_ROOT/slrnpull.conf The main configuration file. It tells slrnpull how many articles to get from which groups and when to expire them. SEE ALSO
The documentation that comes with slrnpull, especially README and SETUP. The FAQ of slrn also answers some questions about slrnpull. You might also want to look at slrn's official home page, http://slrn.sourceforge.net/ or post to news.software.readers if you have a ques- tion not covered by existing documentation. The latest version of slrnpull is part of the slrn package available from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/slrn/ AUTHOR
John E. Davis <davis@space.mit.edu> Please send any bug reports to the current maintainer, Thomas Schultz <tststs@gmx.de> Unix September 2004 slrnpull(1)