Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers script for deletion using wildcards Post 302156839 by aishu on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 08:28:05 AM
Old 01-09-2008
MySQL script for deletion using wildcards

find ./ -name t\* | sed "s@^./@@" > .filestobedeleted

j=$(wc -l < .filestobedeleted)

typeset -i cnt=0

typeset -i i=0

while read line

do

myarray[$cnt]=$line

((cnt = cnt + 1))

done < .filestobedeleted

while [ ${i} -le ${j} ]

do

file=${myarray[$i]}

destfile=$(basename ${file})

ABS_PATH=$(cd $(dirname ${file});pwd)

suffix=$ABS_PATH/${destfile}_$(date +%d%m%y%H%M%S)

timestamp=${suffix##*_}

echo $suffix >> $HOME/.trashinfo

mv -vi "$file" "$HOME/.trash/${destfile}_${timestamp}"

((i = i + 1))

done

in the first line , I have specified the input directly

instead we should receive the input which is generally using $1 as below but if I give the input as $1 it does not recognize t\*

there is something that needs to be done , kindly check

find ./ -name $1 | sed "s@^./@@" > .filestobedeleted

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for automatic deletion of old files

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. I do not have provisions to increase the space for this folder. So i have to delete files which are more than 1 month old automatically. But, i need to maintain the files created by 4 users and delete all the other files automatically which is more than 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use wildcards in a script

Hello I have this script: #!/bin/ksh INPUTFILE=$1 TEMPFILE=$INPUTFILE.$$ OUTPUTFILE=$INPUTFILE.new # nr of arguments has to be 1 if then echo "\nUsage: $0 inputfile\n" return 1 fi # inputfile must exist and be readable if then (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: emferrari
13 Replies

3. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of old folder

Hi, I have a folder with limited space. So i have to delete folder which are more than 5 days old automatically. So my script should be like delete the folder more than 5 days old. Can someone help me to generate a script for this. Thank you... Cheer Summer (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: summerpeh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Log Deletion/Rotatoin Script

I've written a small static script for my log deletion, but I was wondering if there was a way to make it a dynamic script. here is how my script currently works. #!/bin/sh ########################################### #Script to zip logs older than 1 week old #and to delete logs older than 30... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to search and extract using wildcards.

Good evening All, I have a perl script to pull out all occurrences of a files beginning with xx and ending in .p. I will then loop through all 1K files in a directory. I can grep for xx*.p files but it gives me the entire line. I wish to output to a single colum with only the hits found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CammyD
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unique Directory and Folder Deletion Script

Ok, so I just got charged with the task of deleting some 300 user folders in a FTP server to free up some space. I managed to grep and cut the list of user folders to delete into a list of one user folder per line. Example: bob00 jane01 sue03 In the home folder, there are folders a-z, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b4sher
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file and directory deletion script

I saw many post about this but could not find a specific answer to this question. i have the following code find . -depth -name "$FILEEXT" -ctime -30 -exec rm {} \; when i type ./deletefiles.sh *.txt for example, it will find all the txt files less than 30 days old and delete them. my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2learn09
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deletion and recreation within a script

All printers are created on the PROD server and my script must pick up the differences in a diffs.txt file delete the printer if exist on the DEV server recreate it as it currently stands on the PROD server from the diffs.txt The following script I have, should allow me in synching the local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH Script for file name wildcards

Does anyone know how I would go about inserting text at the beginning of a file with the file name containing a daily time stamp? Essentially I need to find the file name using a wild card, and then insert 3 lines of text - one of which is the processing date. Help please!? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cookie33
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wildcards in file input to a script?

I have four files: test test2 test3 test4 I have this simple script: #!/bin/bash ls $1 Why does ./the_script.sh test* only list the first file, when a normal ls test* would list all four? What do I need to change in the script to be able to use wildcard? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidCactus
12 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)