Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to arrange 3 file to one using awk...? Post 302156796 by penyu on Wednesday 9th of January 2008 05:39:21 AM
Old 01-09-2008
amazing!! both of your script solving my problem.
thank you summer_cherry, your script execution faster. Smilie

thank you all.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Arrange File

I've got hundreds of lines in a file that looks like this: Line1 CCR CCH Line2 ICVM FBO GSC Line3 MKF The result should be like the one below so that I can insert them on our database. Line1 CCR Line1 CCH Line2 ICVM Line2 FBO Line2 GSC Line3 MKF Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: The One
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

re arrange data

Any idea in awk or sed? $cat file a b c 2 4 5 6 output: a b c 2 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to arrange all lines in a file to a single line

Hi Gurus, I am a starter with shell script. Help me to achieve this. I have a file with lines given below. line1 line2 line3 . . etc How can I arrange the file which should look like line1,line2,line3,..,..,etc Any help on this is appreciated. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smv
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange log files with AWK

Hello friends, I have too many log files to arrange. I use a simple script to create log files with below format and i forgot to create daily directory for them at the beginning. Because of this i should move all daily logs into a directory that i need to create. a part of "ls -l" output:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-arrange column

10.142.7.155 - - www.abc.com 404 - I have many columns which is tab delimited file, I have to re-arrange this to a particular column and also add "-" to 3rd column and 6th column. 10.142.7.155 - - - www.abc.com - 404 - (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange / format data using awk

Input 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A 227:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 227:51200:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa: M 228:102400:N/A 65:sapgt04:sapgt04: M 65:104448:N/A 228:fngadi4osa:fngadi4oma: M 228:102400:N/A Output 217:fngadi4osa:fngadi4osa:M 217:415744:N/A... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search similar strings and arrange in a specified pattern

Hi, I'm running a DB query which returns names of people and writes it in a text file as shown below: Carey, Jim; Cena, John Cena, John Sen, Tim; Burt, Terrence Lock, Jessey; Carey, Jim Norris, Chuck; Lee, Bruce Rock, Dwayne; Lee, Bruce I want to use awk and get all the names... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to arrange file in specific format

Hi All, I am new to forum, I am looking to arrange a file in specific format but unable to get the formula to do it, already googled for the same, but didnt find the answer :(. hope to get help here :o:o:o:o:o I have to files : $ cat Dev_List2 0685 0686 0687 0688 0689 068A 068B 068C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasan_Aix
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Arrange file by modified date

Hi, Am performing a find based on filename and result can contain multiple files being found Let's say my find command is find /Archive -f -name 12345.pdf and result of find command is /Archive/Folder A/12345.pdf /Archive/Folder B/12345.pdf please note white space in folder names I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gigagigosu
2 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)