Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: visited websites
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers visited websites Post 302156007 by jake2891 on Monday 7th of January 2008 02:54:50 AM
Old 01-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
Are you referring to a proxy server or similar?
yes thats correct just is there a log file or similar to where network admins can view whos visited what websites and where they block you from been able to visit a site?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

unix and websites

Does Anyone know how to create domains ahead of another domain? example http://domain.example.com Any Information would be of great help. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhjunx
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites for Scripting...

Hi All, Anyone know any good sites for Unix Solaris Shell Scripting? Thanks for reading, b14 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remember last visited line in vim

hi, I know we can do this; but dont know how.. I open a file using vim..browse thru it and then say :wq after reaching some line; The next time I open the same file, I want vim to position the cursor on the line where I left last time; anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spopuri
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

go to previously visited directory

Is there a way to go back to the previously visited directory? say im in /dir1 then went to /dir2 and wanted to go back to /dir1. besides from aliasing every directory i have, i was wondering if there's a way to maybe alias a command to go to the previously visited directory just to make it more... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swag:þ
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to take visited Website log?

I want to take logs for all the visited websites. If any user enter a URL in browser address bar I want to take the log after I want to proceed to access the website and I want to block some websites for my users. I'm using Linux machine. How to do this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

open_basedir for exiting websites

Hello, I want to add open_basedir line for exiting hosts. all web site configurations located on /etc/httpd/conf.d and file name format : vhost_example.com I want to add this line php_admin_value open_basedir "/chroot/home/$UNIXNAME/:/usr/share/pear/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SAYGIN
1 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

IT news websites

Hi guys Can you recommend some seriuos web pages with news from IT world :p Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unblock the websites

Hi Guys, Some of the websites are blocked in my office. And I know the root password. I tried to unblock those sites.. Checkedcd /etc/modprobe.d $ cat blacklist.conf # # Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it. # Usually that'd be so that some other driver will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies
gnome-network-preferences(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-network-preferences(1)

NAME
gnome-network-preferences - configure network proxy SYNOPSIS
gnome-network-preferences [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The Network Proxy preference tool enables you to configure how your system connects to networks. You can configure the desktop to connect to a proxy server, and specify the details of the proxy server. A proxy server is a server that intercepts requests to another server, and fulfills the request itself, if it can. You can enter the Domain Name Service (DNS) name or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the proxy server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the Network Proxy preference tool example% gnome-network-preferences EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-network-pExecutable for Network Proxy preferences tool ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-network-preferences(1)