Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers limiting home directory size for a group Post 302155876 by Katkota on Sunday 6th of January 2008 12:29:51 PM
Old 01-06-2008
I tried both ulimit & quotas but I couldn't get it to work

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file size (volume) limiting

Hi I am trying to create tar files of a whole bunch of files and want to limit them to 50Mb each. I have tried using the -k option but cannot get it to work. Has anyone out there had success creating these? Cheers Ian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigjeff
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limiting the size of syslog log files

I would like to limit the size of syslog log files. Is there a setting I can enter in syslog.conf that does this for me. Ideally I would like something along the lines of a circular buffer of N bytes. P.S. I'm a new user, and this site is awesome. I wish I found it earlier. Thanks, David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmirza
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory & group in UNIX question

folks; I'm going to use LDAP on Solaris 10 to authenticate users, i have 3 questions, i'm hoping it can be possible: 1. when users login for the first time, Is there a way to auto create a home directory like "/home/"user_name" so we don't have to a create a home directory for every single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

4. AIX

max size of a group in /etc/group

I have several AIX servers running 5.2. What is the default max size for a group in /etc/group? How do I change the default max size for a group to be unlimited (if possible)? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

size of my home directory

Hi, I want to know the size of my home directory as user.How can i go for it? dexter (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limiting User mailbox size in /var/spool

How can one limit the size of user mailboxes in /var/spool/mail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limiting output file size

Hi guys, I want to know if there is a way to check the current size of the file that I output "stuff" to. For example, if I run a command that outputs data (like another shell script or C program) and i do something like `./a.out &> tempfile.txt` within the script, I want to be constantly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limiting size of rsync batch output

Anyone know if there's a way to limit the size of rsync batch output blob? I need each batch to fix on a 64GB USB key. Using syntax like: rsync -av --only-write-batch=/Volumes/usb/batch --stats /Users/dfbadmin/sandbox/ /Users/dfbadmin/archives/ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
7 Replies
REPQUOTA(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       REPQUOTA(8)

NAME
repquota -- summarize quotas for a file system SYNOPSIS
repquota [-ghuv] file-system ... repquota [-ghuv] -a repquota -x [-gu] file-system quotadump [-gu] file-system DESCRIPTION
repquota prints a summary of the disk usage and quotas for the specified file systems. Available options: -a Print the quotas of all the mounted file systems. -g Print only group quotas (the default is to print both group and user quotas if they exist). -h Numbers are displayed in a human readable format. -u Print only user quotas (the default is to print both group and user quotas if they exist). -v Print a header line before printing each file system quotas. Print all exiting quotas, including those whose current usage is 0. -x Export file system quota data in a tabular dump format suitable for quotarestore(8). A single file system should be specified. If invoked as quotadump the behavior is the same as repquota -x. For each user or group, the current number files and amount of space (in kilobytes, unless the -h flag is used) is printed, along with any quotas created with edquota(8). Only the super-user may use this command. SEE ALSO
quota(1), libquota(3), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8), quotarestore(8) HISTORY
The repquota command appeared in 4.2BSD. BSD
May 12, 2012 BSD