Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers limiting home directory size for a group Post 302155819 by Katkota on Saturday 5th of January 2008 11:13:47 PM
Old 01-06-2008
Computer limiting home directory size for a group

Is there a way to set the size of the home directory for every single user in a specific group, in more details:
I have a group & i will have to add about 20 users to it to be their home directories. i want each of the home directories for this group to be limited to 50 MB

Help?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file size (volume) limiting

Hi I am trying to create tar files of a whole bunch of files and want to limit them to 50Mb each. I have tried using the -k option but cannot get it to work. Has anyone out there had success creating these? Cheers Ian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigjeff
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limiting the size of syslog log files

I would like to limit the size of syslog log files. Is there a setting I can enter in syslog.conf that does this for me. Ideally I would like something along the lines of a circular buffer of N bytes. P.S. I'm a new user, and this site is awesome. I wish I found it earlier. Thanks, David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmirza
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory & group in UNIX question

folks; I'm going to use LDAP on Solaris 10 to authenticate users, i have 3 questions, i'm hoping it can be possible: 1. when users login for the first time, Is there a way to auto create a home directory like "/home/"user_name" so we don't have to a create a home directory for every single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

4. AIX

max size of a group in /etc/group

I have several AIX servers running 5.2. What is the default max size for a group in /etc/group? How do I change the default max size for a group to be unlimited (if possible)? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

size of my home directory

Hi, I want to know the size of my home directory as user.How can i go for it? dexter (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limiting User mailbox size in /var/spool

How can one limit the size of user mailboxes in /var/spool/mail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limiting output file size

Hi guys, I want to know if there is a way to check the current size of the file that I output "stuff" to. For example, if I run a command that outputs data (like another shell script or C program) and i do something like `./a.out &> tempfile.txt` within the script, I want to be constantly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limiting size of rsync batch output

Anyone know if there's a way to limit the size of rsync batch output blob? I need each batch to fix on a 64GB USB key. Using syntax like: rsync -av --only-write-batch=/Volumes/usb/batch --stats /Users/dfbadmin/sandbox/ /Users/dfbadmin/archives/ (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfbills
7 Replies
pure-quotacheck(8)						     Pure-FTPd							pure-quotacheck(8)

NAME
pure-quotacheck - Update virtual quota files for Pure-FTPd SYNTAX
pure-quotacheck -u username/gid -d home directory [-g group/gid] DESCRIPTION
pure-quotacheck create a .ftpquota file in the specified directory. This file contains the current file and size of the directory, and it is used by Pure-FTPd when virtual quotas are enabled. It's recommended to periodically run pure-quotacheck for every user, in crontabs. OPTIONS
-d <directory> Scans the specified <directory>. -g <group or gid> Sets the group files will be scanned as. This is optional : if a user name is passed to -u</fR>, group are automatically retrieved. -u <user or uid> Set the user name files will be scanned as. This is mandatory, and it can't be "root". -h Output usage information and exit. FILES
.ftpquota EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-quotacheck -u john -d /home/john AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SECURITY
pure-quotacheck switches real and effective uids/gids as soon as possible. Root privileges are never given back. pure-quotacheck refuses to scan directories with uid = 0 (root) or gid = 0 (wheel/root) . pure-quotacheck performs a chroot() call to the home directory. It never traverses parent directories. pure-quotacheck only scans real files (no socket, no pipe, etc) . pure-quotacheck enforces read access on directories to prevent against people doing chmod 0 before a quota scan. pure-quotacheck enforces write access on the home directory to properly write the .ftpquota file. pure-quotacheck never scans the same inode/device pair twice. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2228, RFC 2389 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-quotacheck(8)